• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphic for a second entrance door

jkdbjj

Will the building owner let you do anything about that awful exterior and entrance? It's absolutely terrible. The solution here is a bit larger than just some new signs (though I think chaining it off and a couple of tasteful "use the other door" signs combined with a bright visible logo and ENTRANCE on the one you WANT them to use is a good start).
What would you have in mind, if the sky was the limit for the hideous building?

ForgeInc

Man, that is a tough exterior to make look good. I think some colorful awnings would help. Maybe lose the multiple awnings and do one big one?

Basically it comes down to budget. How much do you have, and what will landlord let you do? If you are considering a major branding change I would suggest hiring a designer to help...luckily you can save money by executing a lot yourself, but there are so many questions and unknowns I don't think some back and forth forum advice will do the trick.

You can get much good advice on here but eventually you either need to solve it yourself, or as Gino mentioned brainstorm with other qualified locals and come up with a plan. And don't make the mistake of thinking some bullet points or slogans will attract customers, sometimes clean, simple and professional is better. (I.E. less is often times more, as others have offered up with their very simple solutions to your original post.)

Finally, don't think that hiring a designer will always be expensive. There are lots of hungry folks fresh from school in just about every town, trick is finding ones with talent and getting them to give you files you can actually print!