• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec 48" CE5000-120 pauses during contour cut until USB cord is pulled

trakers

Here's my setup
Graphtec 48" CE5000-120
Windows XP
Wasatch 6.5
Dedicated machine used only as RIP
Not hooked to Internet

Worked perfectly until about a week ago. I'm the only one with access to machines and no updates have been installed, infact nothing has been changed on computer.

Using same software & workflow as I have for 4 years.

Start contour cut job. Graphtec starts cutting then stops mid job
Unplug USB cord, Graphtec resumes and finishes job.

I'm at a loss. Anyone??

player

What other USB things are plugged in?

Get a good quality USB hub and plug it into the PC, then the plotter into the hub. Computers will prioritize USB ports, and the hub will make it's port #1.

trakers

Thanks.

Here's what is weird. I can see the job spool over the the plotter, so I know its not a data transfer issue.

There is nothing else on the USB's except the Wasatch Dongle and the MS mouse/keyboard USB Receiver.

Again, what has me puzzled is nothing has changed or been updated. The hardware/software setup is exactly as it has been for years.

We also have a CE5000-60, so I will hook that up to see if it pauses too.

Luckily recent jobs have been simple jobs that completely spool to the plotter before it pauses, but I have pending job of hundreds of labels, etc. that will fail if the plotter stops before the job fully spools and I have to unplug the USB cable to get it to continue.

Was just hoping it was something others had observed before.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Could just be the USB cord has failed- or maybe has been bumped and come loose. It happens. I'd suggest making sure it's connected firmly. If it is, try a new cord.