• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec CE3000-60 Cutting Strip

seaviewsigns

Anyone with a CE model replace the cutting strip yet? I can't find it featured on graphtec's website and my distributor doesn't carry them, just blades. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

thanks,
Cory

P.S.... once i have found a source, how the heck do you replace it??? do you have to dismantle the whole cutter to pull it out?

ovrcafnatd

I don't know if yours is similar to mine (FC7000-75) but when the tech guy
was here...I asked him about the strip and he said we'd have to send the
machine back to change it out!!!!!!!!!!
Machine has to be taken apart to replace and then that voids the
warranty or some some nonsense.

That is a new one on us. The cut strip is a normal everyday wearable item. We are only on our third, but we are careful with our pressures. I can see some people going through a cut strip every six months, depending on how busy they are and if they have had any booboos.

We still suggest the same as above. Call Accugraphics, they have hundreds of strips for just about every machine.

Techman

I don't know if yours is similar to mine (FC7000-75) but when the tech guy was here...I asked him about the strip and he said we'd have to send the
machine back to change it out!!!!!!!!!!

I pray that is not true. In fact, if I ever go to purchase a new cutter,, and they say I must send it back thus paying several hundreds bux shipping, then a couple hundred more to change out a $6.00 wear strip,, They will never sell me that cutter.

ovrcafnatd

gerald said:
They are about 30 bucks and have an adhesive back.

Good! I hope that holds true for mine as well...I was a little pissed to say
the least, but hey maybe the guy didn't really know.
Although, the strip on this new plotter doesn't seem to come off and have a
typical adhesive backing like most
OY
well when it's my turn, guess I will have no warranty
cause' I'm not sending the thing in to have a strip changed out!

Good luck - sure hope you are able to change it out yourself.
:smile: