• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec CE50060 Pros & Cons?

Jillbeans

OK I am down to the nitty-gritty.
Looking at a 24" Graphtec for cuttin dat demon vynull.
I want a 24" because of size reasons (limited space and I am short and old and don't want to heft huge rolls of material)
I don't mind a 15" cutter so 24" will be fine.
I want to cut cast, calendered, paint mask, and occasionally reflective.
I wnt to be able to cut smallish stuff without it getting chewed up.
I want to be able to pounce if needed.
I will never buy a printer.
Quiet and fast will be an added bonus.
Who has one?
Do you like it or hate it?
Is tracking OK?
Will it work with Corel 12 on Win XP?
Is installation idiot-proof? I am pretty stupid.
Price wise I am seeing anywhere from $1600 to $1900+
:thankyou:
Love....Jill

David Wright

I'm about there also in buying one as a backup for my Summa. If we are talking the same model, I have been seeing a price around $1300 to $1500 stand included.

Actually seems cheap to me for a Graphtec albeit a lower end model. No wonder everyone gets in the business although for some the cheap Chinese cutters are too much.

Setup is pretty much idiot proof on all these and Xp will work fine.
Plug into port, select port setup from your software and choose the appropriate driver for your plotter.

royster13

1295.00 at Ordway....
ROBO Master Pro design software (Windows 2000/XP) and the completely new Cutting Master 2 Production Manager and Plug-in for the latest versions of CorelDRAW including X3, and Illustrator 8 thru CS2 on Windows 2000/XP, and ver. 10 through CS2 on Mac OS X on PowerPC and Intel Core processors.
[FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial]
[/FONT]1279.99 at US Cutter...
i-DesignR (save $50!) [+$300.00]
FlexiSTARTER 8.6 for WIN with dongle [+$60.00]
FlexiSTARTER 8.5 for MAC with dongle [+$80.00]
FlexiLETTER 8.6 (Windows) [+$835.00]
FlexiSIGN 8.6 (Windows) [+$1,435.00]

1395.00 at Sign Warehouse
as a: Vinyl Express Qe-60 Plus - No Arms....

There was some discussion in another thread that the SW software is better than the ones that Ordway and US Cutter use...But I am still researching....Also, as far as I know SW will upgrade you at no charge..Package 3 for Package 1 price.....

signage

Jill I have a CE3000-60MK2 and like it! It track well for a friction feed, yes it will work from corel 12 and when I got mine it came with a bridge program that works fine! Yes it will cut reflective and small text with tangential emulation and a 60deg. blade!

jiarby

I have the 5000-60... why I chose it:
1. optical sensor to contour cut
2. media rollers attached to back
3. price includes a stand...which is very heavy duty. I am adding casters so I can push it out of the way.
4. Includes the Corel/Illustrator plug in (Cutting Master 2)
5. Includes a pen holder to make patterns.

Advice:
Order an extra CB15 blade holder. Buy 60° blades in the CB15 size. They are thicker... also once you get your blade depth right for each holder you do not have to mess with it. The blue holder we use for 45° CB09, and the red is 60° CB15. Just swap the holder and set the correct condition (saved pressure, speed settings) and it is nothing to swap between 751(thin) and laminated 3165 (thick!)

MachServTech

I just found out Summa is having a cutter trade-in program.

I've used Mutoh, Mimaki and Graphtec cutters but I think Summa are the best.

David Wright

Summa is having a cutter trade in program? I just was on the phone to them yesterday and asked that very question. He said not that he was aware of.

Ok, after I typed that I called Summa. There is no official trade in but they will consider it on a case by case basis. He is getting back to me but told me only trade in on their higher end plotters. Usually $4000 or more.

The replacement head on my Summa (Tangetial) would cost $1475 or $1150 reconditioned). I can buy the Graphtec for that.

Last edited:

royster13

And Roland is throwing Corel X4 free until Dec 31 09...
GX24 package from Imprintables is 1,695.00 (ask for show price)....

tintguy31794

I'm considering this plotter as well... I'm most curious about the loudness of the machine. I know it cuts 24 inches a second and for the double the money i can get double the speed, but i'm wondering if its worth it for that other machine...

any of you guys having problems with the speed/ noise level? i'm a very impatient person so I do not want to sit and wait too long.

sinetist

I just got a CE5000-60 a few months ago. It's very quiet and was easy to set up and get going. Tracks well and cuts very fine detail. I like it a lot.

gnatt66

i have a QE60+ (Graphtec without the ARMS system). Paid 1395.00 from Sign Warehouse including lots of stuff, including LXI master plus (rebranded flexi with everything but print/cut/rip). great deal, IMO.

i suppose i shouldnt say this, but i've had mine over 18 months and i'm still on the original blade....thing has been AMAZING.

gnatt66

There was some discussion in another thread that the SW software is better than the ones that Ordway and US Cutter use...But I am still researching....Also, as far as I know SW will upgrade you at no charge..Package 3 for Package 1 price.....

i got package 4 for package 1 price. Didn't take a lot of haggling either.

jscarl

Jill; Call a couple of the companies direct and ask if they have any rebuilds. Most of them do, and will give a guarantee with them.