• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec CE50060 Pros & Cons?

Tel

I have a ce1000-60 a jx1060 (was a printer cutter only use as a cutter now and is graphtec) and a ce5000-120 all work great the ce1000-60 is over 10 years old and I have no problem with any of them they are great cutters and would highly recommend them just get the best deal you can it will do all you reguire
regards
Tel

Rodi

Jill,
Ordway has the CE 5000 for 1295, free shipping. I have purchased vinyl from them and they are good.

ColesCreations

Buy a used Summa T.
Extremely good for cutting small stuff, lasts forever.
We have a 10 year old T-140, talked to the dealer at a show about upgrading to a new one, he told us to forget it, and just buy new rubber cutting strip and tracking wheels, for a total of around $100.
We'll keep ours for a few years more, I guess, and the next one WILL be a Summa.

Under is a link to a Summa D, but Tangential is way better for small stuff.
http://cgi.ebay.com/2005-Summa-Cut-...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1e58f7b7f9

David Wright

Buy a used Summa T.
Extremely good for cutting small stuff, lasts forever.
We have a 10 year old T-140, talked to the dealer at a show about upgrading to a new one, he told us to forget it, and just buy new rubber cutting strip and tracking wheels, for a total of around $100.
We'll keep ours for a few years more, I guess, and the next one WILL be a Summa.

Under is a link to a Summa D, but Tangential is way better for small stuff.
http://cgi.ebay.com/2005-Summa-Cut-...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1e58f7b7f9

Glad it is working out for you. My Summa T750 is just under 7 years old and now I need a new head. Right around $1500 for the part and I get to do the installing. As far as small letters are concerned that rarely is needed and I can't weed anything under 1/4", and 1/2" is more likely.

Jillbeans

Somebody pinch me.
New cutter will be here Friday.
I got it thru Glantz, even got the pouncing attachment.
With shipping it's about $1880 total, but I would rather buy it from a company I know.

7oaks

Wow, got the Graphtec CE5000-60 today and was cutting vinyl in less than an hour. Everything included. stand, roller, USB cord. quiet too.

Ken

Jillbeans

It came! It came!
Just got here about 20 minutes ago.
Now I am afraid to take it out of the box.
Spent about 11 hours Friday transferring 11 years of files from my Win98SE.
About 2,000 jobs.
(no CD burner, had to use a floppy)
I want to be able to cut them if I need them.

jiarby

Aack!
You could have just taken the HDD out of the old machine and used a IDE-USB adapter... or just attached it to the ide ribbon cable to copy the files. Both solutions have you done in 15 minutes.
Even a crossover ethernet cable & sharing folders would have worked.

No reason to transfer data via floppies ever

Jillbeans

I am the stoopidest computer person on the planet.
I would be terrified to look crosswise at my old computer.
It seems stable, but if I go messing with it it would die.