• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Graphtec cutting inaccurate

cutter is off. This is with only two rows of decals….
Printed from onyx. I’ve tried different pressures with the pinch rollers but they are still off.. blade was clean and it’s not out too far….

Attachments

• IMG_3751.jpeg
    IMG_3751.jpeg
    483.3 KB · Views: 66
Did you check it with a straight edge to see if it's actually the print that is off?

Or the cut is off completely left to right?
The photo is turned 90 degrees so it would actually be off up from top and bottom.. I have printed theses out A LOT so I don't think they print could be off? I have never heard of it being off from the print....? Would that be a consistent problem? The night I posted this, after I cleaned my blade, I must have hit the tip on the edge because not my cutter isn't cutting at all. I looked at my blade and noticed the very tip is broken. (It wasn't broken when I cut these but maybe it was coming to the end of its life if it chipped off?) I am ordering a new blade and hoping maybe the blade was the issue... (I highly doubt it though.. to me it looks more like an issue with the rollers or how it's reading the registration marks.)

d fleming

The photo is turned 90 degrees so it would actually be off up from top and bottom.. I have printed theses out A LOT so I don't think they print could be off? I have never heard of it being off from the print....? Would that be a consistent problem? The night I posted this, after I cleaned my blade, I must have hit the tip on the edge because not my cutter isn't cutting at all. I looked at my blade and noticed the very tip is broken. (It wasn't broken when I cut these but maybe it was coming to the end of its life if it chipped off?) I am ordering a new blade and hoping maybe the blade was the issue... (I highly doubt it though.. to me it looks more like an issue with the rollers or how it's reading the registration marks.)
You'd be surprised what an old or damaged blade can do. Also a loose blade holder. Sometimes a fix can be as simple as tightening a screw. Other times.....

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
If there is a way in Onyx to print the cut line, print it, then send to Graftec and see where it's off.
Clean the rubber pinch rollers with a 50/50 mix of Alcohol and Water to get the whitish haze off.