• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

graphtec cutting master question

icedog11

I'm not a sign maker but we use a vinyl cutter FC800 daily to cut out small images. We use the pen in illustrator to produce the cut line. I have seen others do this process automatically rather than manually can someone explain that process. I can't find a tutorial on it an where. Also I'm not versed in illustrator or cutting master I'm asking for my employees.

Techman

call a local sign maker and ask him to give you a tutorial. its more in depth than a post on a web site.

williaty

I'm not a sign maker but we use a vinyl cutter FC800 daily to cut out small images. We use the pen in illustrator to produce the cut line. I have seen others do this process automatically rather than manually can someone explain that process. I can't find a tutorial on it an where. Also I'm not versed in illustrator or cutting master I'm asking for my employees.
I believe the feature you're talking about in Illustrator is called Live Trace. Googling that should help you find tutorials.