• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec FC8600 - damaging vinyl before every cut job

whatsinaname

We got recently a Graphtec FC8600. Before every job, the plotter would make a small test cut on the vinyl thereby damaging the vinyl. A graphic of the cut is attached.

We had this issue even in our FC7000 but turning off the Tangential emulation stopped this. But in FC8600, no matter what we do, the plotter would not stop doing this. Keeping tangential ON or OFF doesn't change anything. Any suggestion on how to solve this issue?

Attachments

• initial_scratch.jpg
    initial_scratch.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 130

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Sounds like your plotter may be getting a macro from somewhere that's running the test.
I'd check the setup parameters in whatever program you're using to plot from and see if it's sending one, then just turn it off.

whatsinaname

Sounds like your plotter may be getting a macro from somewhere that's running the test.
I'd check the setup parameters in whatever program you're using to plot from and see if it's sending one, then just turn it off.

I am using cutting master 2. I checked its setting and I see nothing that is sending any test cut on the plotter. We use the same to send cutting jobs even on our FC8000 and there are no such cuts there. Everything cuts fine on the FC8000.

player

It must be a driver issue.

On the Graphtec site they say:

"WARNING:
CUTTING MASTER WILL NOT INSTALL INTO PIRATED OR PATCHED COPIES OF ADOBE® ILLUSTRATOR OR COREL DRAW®"

Probably not your issue, but just in case...

Can you send the plot as an hgpl file, then check it in notepad for the error?

whatsinaname

No need to call, just load the right software for the cutter.

I tried even loading cutting master 3 and still its making that cut although outside the artworks. I don't want it to make that test cut but don't see any option even in Cutting Master 3.