• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec FC8600

GB

Hi Guys . we recently purchased an FC8600 so we could cut thicker ( 21 mils ) materials - primarily graphics for offroad applications. Printed on the Roland with reg marks then laminated & cut on the Graphtec.

We have just updated the firmware , use CM3 with multiple reg marks ( each corner and also the length of the print on both sides) , we have slowed the cut speed down to 3 cm/sec and do two passes with a lighter force rather than one with a heavy force. We have the material specific blade & holder and the additional grit rollers ( 5 total ) . We also cover the crop marks with a matte scotch tape as prior to that it was just horrible and we read a lot of other people having issues with it reading the marks correctly on a gloss laminate.

Having done all that we are STILL having problems as it just will not accurately follow the cutting path in either contour cut or perf cut.

Any advice would be great as I'm getting ready to rip out the little hair I have left !

Thanks .