• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GRC 61 plotter

THATgirl

I had been using my old Roland PNC 1000 for years with no problems...then a friend went out of business and gave me his GRC 61 plotter. It was never used all that much and I have been using it now maybe a year. Well....it decided to quit. It just made a real weird noise and the blade moved real slow over to the right in jerky motions and the power light sorta blinks. Does not work. What happened?????? thanks for any help.

I've had a GRC-61 for about 8 years and never had that happen. I assume you've tried shutting everything down and rebooting ... plotter as well as computer?

THATgirl

yes I have tried all of that but it still won't go. The command thing doesn't light up anymore and blade doesn't move. crap. thanks for replying tho

If I had run into the problem before I could be of more help, but mine has given me very few problems. Nothing that I couldn't straighten out myself, anyway. I wouldn't throw it away, though. May get it fixed down the road or may run across someone wanting it for parts.

Techman

usually when the head slaps around,, the board has gone bad. The servo pulse sensors cannot detect movements. Or it cannot detect where the had is.

THATgirl

thanks techman. yeah I will wait and try it again but then probably get rid of it. signwarehouse will not offer any help since I was not the one who bought it. Anyone know who might be able to check it out in the Seattle area to see if it's the motherboard? thanks

chopper

I have one of those I have had to replace the control panel on it but that was when one of the buttons stuck, I think techman is correct it sounds like the main board is gone, give sign ware house tech line a call see what they have to say you can have them send out the part and install it your self when you call in use your friends name ( the original owner)
//chopper