• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Greetings All!

GWSigns

I was referred to your site by someone with a great deal of sign experience. Me, myself, and I, have NONE!

I came on board with our Sign Shop department March 4, 2013. I work for Goodwill Industries of Middle Tennessee.

Previously I worked 11 1/2 years in eCommerce in a program I was instrumental in developing, designing, and growing.

I love learning and whatever pursuit I am in, I like to know everything I can about it.

Being the front person in our shop, it is vital I speak the language, be able to interpret and understand the needs of the customer, as well as have a solid understanding of the business. How in the name of Pete can I sell and promote if I do not REALLY know what I am talking about.

All that said, I am here to learn, pick brains, and ask for help from time to time. Prayerfully with time, I will have something to offer as well, but until then, I may very well just be the quiet one in the corner watching and listening.

I do have an artistic background with silversmithing, web design, and writing in my past. I have an eye for what is appealing and what is blatantly not - dabbled in interior design at one point. I guess over all I am just an ecelctic sort of person having worked in many fields taking bits and pieces from all to make me who I am today.

My main role in my current position is the business end of the shop. I have to take the bits and pieces and put them together to sell to the accounting folks the need and reasons for investing more money in this program. We create all the signs for the local GW stores and programs here as well as doing outside jobs in the community and for Goodwill organizations across the country.

Our shop manager has 20 years in the business and is very knowledgeable and skilled.

Look forward to gaining knowledge, language, and skill sets to keep up with this business as it grows.

signworldusinc

Merchant Member
Big hello from Chino, CA! Feel free to check out any of our products if you are in need of supplies.

Warm regards,
Signworld Team

Locals Find!

Welcome from Florida!

So, Goodwill is now selling signs along with used clothes, furniture, dishes and all that other stuff people like me clean out of our garages???

Suz

Hi There GW... (Good Willy? Just kidding! :wink:)

Please give a name, nickname, something we can address you by.

Your honesty is appreciated. Smart of you to join! Congrats on your new job and I'm sure you will enjoy learning this business as you mentioned that you're artistic.

Commercial Art is a good way to make a living, but many projects can be challenging. Sounds like you have enough of an interest and natural talent to go the distance.

Best wishes to you in your new line of work!!!

GWSigns

Welcome from Florida!

So, Goodwill is now selling signs along with used clothes, furniture, dishes and all that other stuff people like me clean out of our garages???

Goodwill is ever changing - that is how we survive right?

Each Goodwill area is a separate corporate entity and have different programs and opportunities in place.

Our location was blessed to have a gentleman (my boss) who stepped in and established the sign shop when the vendor who did our truck wraps closed business. Doing them in house saves BIG money!

In our shop we train individuals in the sign business so they can develop a skill from which they can go forward in life.

Our GW also offers hands on training in wood shop, commercial janitorial, health care, call center, document archiving, Microsoft certification, along with our sign shop.

Okay here is opportunity to enter the company link so you can see the depths of what your donations and purchases go toward.

http://giveit2goodwill.org/

My favs are the programs such as ours that train people skills they can grow with.

GWSigns

Employee Pay

I forgot to add our company also does NOT use the certificates that hit the news awhile back paying individuals lower wages.

Everyone at Goodwill Industries of Middle Tennessee makes minimum wage and above.