• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Greetings from Canada!

player

I am feeling badly for you. I wish you all the best, but don't let this business suck all your money and life away. Working at a Roland dealership means you were on the feeding end of the equation. Now you are on the other side. It is a tough, long haul, and if you don't know much about signs and the business you should put your plans on hold and go to work for one for a few years. Really get an idea how things work, instead of trying to figure everything out with all your savings and family on the line.
If it was easy, everyone would buy some equipment and be financially on top. This is far from the way it works.

gabagoo

Welcome to the forum. This place is a valuable source of information and help. Where abouts are you planning on opening up? Good luck in your venture

Canadian_Osprey

Welcome to the forum. This place is a valuable source of information and help. Where abouts are you planning on opening up? Good luck in your venture

It certainly is..with the vast wealth of information!
I am located in Edmonton. The shop has been up running the past 4-5 months and the initial setup involved a lot of hard work. Most of my print jobs are interior decor-related as I do not work on signage stuff. There are too many signage businesses out here so I am better off focusing(my original plan anyway) on niche projects - with that being said, I do work on bread and butter referrals - occasional vehicle print/wrap, window graphics, etc.

Cheers!

Canadian_Osprey

I am feeling badly for you. I wish you all the best, but don't let this business suck all your money and life away. Working at a Roland dealership means you were on the feeding end of the equation. Now you are on the other side. It is a tough, long haul, and if you don't know much about signs and the business you should put your plans on hold and go to work for one for a few years. Really get an idea how things work, instead of trying to figure everything out with all your savings and family on the line.
If it was easy, everyone would buy some equipment and be financially on top. This is far from the way it works.

Thank you for the kind words and advice. I shall bear these in mind while working flat out on this business. I do anticipate it taking a toll on my $$ and family but so far things are forgiving. Of course, I am no longer enjoying my honeymoon so things could still take an unexpected turn. I remain very focused and upbeat. Cheers!