• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Grill King's crappy perf

Bly

This place opened up across the road from my shop this week.
I know some of us work at different levels, but holy crap.
Completely the wrong size, creased, crooked. You name it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• P1020367.jpg
    P1020367.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 96
  • P1020368.jpg
    P1020368.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 101

Speedsterbeast

I would be careful what you say. The client may have wanted to install it themselves to save money.
You never know.

And no. I didn't do this.

Bly

Hmm there are about 6 windows and they are all like that..
Wait, this isn't your job is it Custom_Gfx?

Most fast food restaurants in my town have those. Many look even worse. They work in a burger joint, what do they know about installing window graphics?

Custom_Grafx

Hey is that where Chicken Express used to be? I never went to it then, and I highly doubt I'll be going to it now either!

JERHEMI

There corporate office orders them for all the locations in bulk then ships them to each location then an employee installs them. They order a "universal" size, which they think will work for all windows, but as you can see "universal" doesn't work.

J

john1

Looks GOOD!

lol

I could be hammered drunk and still measure, print, install that better.

cartoad

Yep, see same thing next door to us at a discount store, they send out the newest employee to install and most are even worse than than, kinda funny but sure hope no one thinks we did it since we are near.

Craig Sjoquist

So what kind of money do they charge for printing those 3x4 about it looks maybe bigger.
Guess 100s or 10s.

Yes franchises install there own, geez that logo is bad. then the layout is typicality poor

Custom_Grafx

There's a wholesale SAV and poster printing company here in Sydney who advertises direct to just about everyone via PO Boxes, and in a few magazines. Cheap as chips prices with not so cheap fine print.

Have had a few customers who come from there and tell me about it. Example;

Print is like half price... but...

1) file download fee (for receiving your email)
2) trimming fee (for cutting your job off the roll)
3) file preparation fee (if not 100% to spec) - and they'll usually still find an excuse even if you sent a proper file

There are also delivery fees, express service fees, and the list goes on. Not to mention there is also some fine print along the lines of *price applicable to orders of 10sqm or more. Orders under 10sqm charged at standard non discount rate bla bla.

Their product maybe isn't so bad, but because they appeal to the general public, they encourage them to buy from them, making them think it's "cheaper" to go direct. In my opinion they should at least limit themselves to only supplying sign installers or graphic designers at least, and not direct to the end user.

I'm sure similar ventures exist in the US?