• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Grimco Purchases Proveer

C

ColoPrinthead

Funny, I like Gordie because he stays the hell away. I don't like random drop-ins by sales people.

Richard G

Big business as usual. Proveer bought out Sign Supply USA then amassed a good customer base fat for the picking for Grimco. It's just big business moving and shaking. Wasn't Avery pulled from Grimco a while back? By the way don't get me wrong I like Grimco, never could stand Signs Supply or Proveer though.

OldPaint

good deal for me. i am a fan of SHINE-RITE vinyl. have to oder it from FELLERS. GRIMCO, in house brand is called BRITE-LINE. same thing as SHINE RITE!!!!! FELLERS priced a 24" x 50 at near $82.00. BRITE LINE in newest GRIMCO is $72.00 but would have to ship it.
and i have an in town PROVEER.............so now i can PICKUP the vinyl.

J

john1

Sweet, Looking forward to checking out their vinyl prices on a comparable product from Avery as well as Oracal vs the General Formulations digital vinyl i am using.

Any idea when you can look to see these products in the Grimco branches?

TopFliteGraphics

Not sure how to feel about this one. When I moved back to Florida and found out that Sign Supply/Proveer had shut down their West Palm Beach branch, I was sad because the Pompano Branch was terrible.

They seem to have finally gotten their act together here lately. Plus they recently moved into a facility that is very conveniently located right off I-95. I can be there and back in less than an hour.

Slamboni

I've had a good experience w grimco so far. I've had more experience with fellers though and their rep has been very helpful. tsgstl nice avatar. At first glance I thought he was dropping in off of a printer there. how does that print stand up to constant thrashing?

Mosh

KC Grimco delivers to me twice a week, the two Omaha supplied don't do that and they are only 45 minutes away, KC is 2 1/2 hours.

DRamm76

Grimco is also a company that prints signs and banners for anyone who walks off the streets. They will sell you products and then take money right out of your other pocket.

And I wouldnt be too sure about them selling Oracal. Just because you purchase a dealer that sells Oracal doesnt mean you automatically become a dealer for that product. There's a lot of legal stuff and red tape to go through.

DRamm76

Every company is like that.

Incorrect. There arent "pricing structures" for different customers. A better way of phrasing would be to simply understand that some companies sell more of a particular item or brand than others, therefore, they move it higher quantities and can get better volume pricing and then offer better pricing to the end user.

I've told customers a bunch of times if I can't get it to them for the price they need they can call this person or that person.

Are there price breaks for someone who orders 50 rolls a month of 210G as opposed to the guy who buys one roll? Naturally but that's a bulk deal not an individual pricing structure