• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Grimco Sucks again

cgsigns_jamie

Didn't have to call you, I already know how you feel about Grimco! It just kills me that out of the last 4 orders they have screwed up every single one. Guess I'll use Farco for plastic and go back to getting metal at local roofing supply and shear it myself. If you're free tomorrow night the band is playing at HJ's in Argyle, come on out and have a cold one (soda).

Red from Farco was here the other day... they've been purchased by Port Plastics now. He's hopeful they'll be able to stock more items here in Jax.

I know HJ very well... I've been there many times to train him on using his digital sign. I might have to check that out tomorrow.

d fleming

They still don't know how to change the sign! It's been reading the same forever. Gotta love it. Susan at Farco told me the other day they were Port Plastics now. Be nice to see them stocking more items for sure.

rjssigns

To play the devils advocate it may be a new business model. You may not be spending the requisite amount to get good service. The technical term is Influencing the Buyer Experience.
I notice a trend in the posts. The shops that have truckloads delivered every week have no issues. Well others have issues.
Influencing the Buyers Experience is a way to make low revenue clients go away without verbally telling them to get bent.

I am in no way casting aspersions on anyone or any business by this post. It is merely information regarding a specific business model.

J

john1

It's unfair to treat the people who spend X with them so often better than the ones who order a little here and there IMO.

I understand the ones ordering a lot are making them more money but all money spends the same and that small guy may suddenly become a huge customer.

rjssigns

I understand the ones ordering a lot are making them more money but all money spends the same and that small guy may suddenly come a huge customer one day.

Your statement is true until the accountants or logistics people get involved. And that is where some companies find themselves when looking for ways to improve ROI and ROA leading to a healthier bottom line. Some are not willing to allocate more assets in hopes it will lead to something big. It is a simple numbers break out that I think on some level some of us have engaged in. While we all strive to serve every client equally it is human nature that favors regular clients over the unknown or underperforming. Would love to be the proverbial "fly on the wall" in one of those meetings.

d fleming

So, Monday and still no delivery. No one at Grimco knows where it is or can find it in their system. But they are working on it. That's a relief. Was scheduled to be delivered last Thursday. Oh joy, wife just got off phone, apparently it won't be here today because they decided to ship it back to Miami. I'm sure for some it is a small order but 48 2'x3' metal blanks and a box of license plates is a good bit of metal. Screen has been ready to hit the press for days and customer would like the signs their legal dept. says has to be up to remove them of liability. It's gonna be Monday all day. Think I'll just go to lunch. So here goes my Monday "bash"....GRIMCO SUCKS!! AGAIN!!

HulkSmash

It's unfair to treat the people who spend X with them so often better than the ones who order a little here and there IMO.

I understand the ones ordering a lot are making them more money but all money spends the same and that small guy may suddenly become a huge customer.

I don't think they're not paying attention to certain customers because they don't purchase as much.... A company like grimco doesn't get to where they did today because they ignore the small people.. actually the small adds up, I would even say the small adds up more than the big...

as for pricing...and people who have issues with price breaks depending on how much spent...

Customer A: Orders (1) 5x10 banner. You charge $200
Customer B: Orders (100) 5x10 banners. You're still going to charge $200?

think about it.

d fleming

SO, 5 days late, job is due in the am, metal finally shows up. This is the garbage they sent. In all fairness, Kyle at Grimco has been trying but this is unacceptable. I will be shearing 4x8s to get this job done and salvage my relationship with a grocery chain of well over 200 stores.

Attachments

• photo (5).JPG
    photo (5).JPG
    160.7 KB · Views: 87
  • photo (6).JPG
    photo (6).JPG
    159.7 KB · Views: 98

Fastsigns2041

Fastsigns Palm Harbor
Receiving metals from them like that made me never order from them too. But now that they've taken over Proveer here in Tampa I have no choice now.

Bigdawg

Just Me
There are other options in the Tampa area, signdesigner1.

For the record I'm okay with Grimco, but I can't wait 10 days for materials that IMHO they should be stocking all the time. I mean seriously... you don't have 5- 18" x 12" reflective stock blanks? Isn't that a big part of what you sell yourself as? A traffic sign supplier?

We use Grimco out of necessity and because they really do try. But material like the pictures dfleming posted happen way too often - there's a certain lack of caring about what goes out the door sometimes...

d fleming

Thanks Jamie, printed til almost 1am getting it done. Took the beat up metal to the steel table and rubber mallet clinic and made it happen. I used to use Ford Sheet Metal but his pricing got a little out of hand. Had Suzette remove Grimco as a vendor from our system, I am so done with them. Now playing catch up to all the stuff that got ignored to meet deadline.

HulkSmash

yikes.. that's a mess..
Their fault it's late, but they can't control how the shippers handle the package... i'd be pissed too

d fleming

No you can't control how UPS beats up your stock. You can however package it properly so this does not happen. Three boxes of 2x3 aluminum blanks should have at least had protective corners in the packing not just one layer of cardboard taped around it. I would never ship them out that way after printing.

HulkSmash

No you can't control how UPS beats up your stock. You can however package it properly so this does not happen. Three boxes of 2x3 aluminum blanks should have at least had protective corners in the packing not just one layer of cardboard taped around it. I would never ship them out that way after printing.

very true..

Freese

Same issues in Dallas. Idiots that done know the products and we are lucky if they show up when they say they are. Ordered 2 sheets of 12 mil white PVC and they showed up with 2 sheets of 4 mil coroplast. Only order from them when I have to. Also Jeremy is a wanna be! Why do you think he keeps getting moved from branch to branch? People in certain areas like Dallas cant stand the KID

That's pretty harsh...I happen to speak to him quite a bit and find him very knowledgeable about what he is selling.

What if he is moving from branch to branch because he is good at what he does? If I am not mistaken, he was moved to NW to handle the acquisition of NW sign supply. I don't think they would have just any sales person handle that.