• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Grimco "Thanks for your hard work, your fired"

tsgstl

There is a salesman that was with Proveer that refused to go with Grimco. Grimco is trying to enforce Proveers no compete, so far he can only sell outside of the St. Louis area.

UFB Fabrication

You might check with a lawyer on that one. In the state I live in, they tell me that that paper isn't worth the paper it's written on. They say that no one can stop you from making a living for yourself in a trade you are trained in.

Might be worth a check.

Grimco has some sort of injunction against Glantz and a Person who wants to work at Glantz.

My understanding from some Ex N&F employees is they signed a non compete on Thursday and were let go the next Tuesday. If they did not sign a non compete they would be terminated Friday.

Guerilla Signs

I know they are not worth the paper they are written on in Missouri but the lawyers can make it miserable for the company hiring you by tying you and the company up in court if they want to.

I just got another order in from Grimco, no problems.

Re noncompetes my laywer said if it is a condition of employment initially it holds up better than if you try to add one to an employee who is already emplyed. I imagine state by state variations are significant.

tsgstl

These are warehouse employees me a UFB are talking about. Why would you possibly forbid them from working in the industry.
Rediculous and shame on them.

I have no doubt that this will cost Grimco the salaries of these employees. I understand business decisions and this was handled as poorly as possible pr wise in St. Louis. Word travels fast

booshworks

Sorry to say it, but anyone who signs a non-compete without making the employer offer a guaranteed income and a cancellation of that non-compete upon termination, is a moron.

Also, never sign a contract under duress. I don't care how much you need a job, it's not worth the risk.

tsgstl

Keeping food on your table for your kids was more important than letting pride get you fired.
The only thing moronic was your statement.
The employees we speak of most likely will view this, show some respect.

Mainframe

I ordered some LEDs and power supplies from Nglantz in Pgh yesterday, I asked them if they if they could drop them off at the job so I could get started on the conversion, they said "no problem" I had them by 1 and finished the job by 5:30-SUPER service since 98!...
Priceless

genericname

Sorry to say it, but anyone who signs a non-compete without making the employer offer a guaranteed income and a cancellation of that non-compete upon termination, is a moron.

Also, never sign a contract under duress. I don't care how much you need a job, it's not worth the risk.

In a perfect world, maybe, or if you have the protection of a union. Otherwise, you live in the same world we all do; where money means more than human life, and the ones making the money decide whether you stay or go.

UFB Fabrication

I expect not many sign shop or vendor employees have a lawyer on retainer that can advise against or renegotiate a non compete in 2 days. They most likely did not know they would be terminated in 3 days regardless so signed in good faith. Only to be let go anyway it seems obvious to me that they were to be let go anyway and grimco was trying to keep from someone (Glantz) benefiting by hiring these folks. BTW this is not just one person I am talking about.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
I don't know ... if someone tells me I need to sign a non-compete or i'm fired ... my first question will be "Where is my employment contract to go with this" which will state my rate of pay, duration, early termination fee, etc etc etc. That is standard business practices, if they don't want me working in my field elsewhere (and graphics is a HUGE practice) ... they can afford to tie me up with a contract.

Basically I agree with boosh, not the way he said it (since it lacked any sort of information to justify his oppinion) ... just the underlying theme.

Freese

In the end, that's business.

I'm sure if you have an iPhone, you aren't going to fire Apple, or swear off their products because of their production atmosphere.

tsgstl

In the end, that's business.

I'm sure if you have an iPhone, you aren't going to fire Apple, or swear off their products because of their production atmosphere.

bet your a hit with the help

screw everyone else as long as my family is fed

Freese

bet your a hit with the help

screw everyone else as long as my family is fed

Not sure what you are implying, but in the world of business this happens.

Now, I am not saying I support it, but to trash them publicly is a bit far. If you don't like them, don't use them, it's simple.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
I feel bad...the nice guy who had been delivering for past few weeks from the PA branch...havent seen him in a while. Everything has been a "messenger Service" when delivered. Not on their own vehicles.
Im disappointed in that personally...but it is biz. I wish or hope they kept him on in some other fashion!