Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grrrr. Customers buying cheapy camouflage vinyl off the web, looking for someone to..

Discussion in 'Vehicle Wraps' started by threeputt, May 24, 2013.

1. threeputt

threeputt Very Active Member

Mar 10, 2006
    washington state
    wrap their vehicle.

This last one who just left minutes ago showed us the vinyl which she had folded up (no, not rolled up) and ask us for a quote to wrap her Chev. truck.

The stuff didn't even look like it was laminated. WTF?

Tags:
  2. jokingscroll

jokingscroll Member

Jan 14, 2013
    post the website?

3. threeputt

threeputt Very Active Member

Mar 10, 2006
    washington state
    Website? Huh?

This thread is about customers looking for someone (a signshop) to wrap their vehicle with cheapy vinyl they bought somewhere.

We get this fairly often, do you?

4. fmg

fmg Very Active Member

Dec 14, 2009
    "Sure no problem" and the price for the install just went up 5 times

5. Flame

Flame Major Contributor

Apr 26, 2006
    Vancouver
    I tell them I don't install customer supplied vinyl. Simple as that. Some of that stuff I've seen is so, so horribly cheap. I've seen camo come in, non air release, no laminate, super thin and brittle. No thank you.

6. Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps Kentucky Wraps

Mar 6, 2009
    Bluegrass
    A lot of those are matte vinyl matte liquid laminated. Been getting a few more lately. I hate how repetitive those "name brand" camo patterns look on vehicles.
    Looks lame in my opinion.

7. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Like Flamey said..... have a policy sign on the wall that 'We Don't Install Customer Supplied Supplies'.

If someone has an old electric face or MDO panel.... different story, but not vinyl. Someone like that is gonna be a huge problem down the road.

8. petepaz

petepaz Major Contributor

Feb 14, 2007
    NJ/NY/PA
    only had that happen once with some racing stripes. I installed some racing stripes on a kids car (3m air release vinyl) came out great and his buddy shows up with a stripe kit he bought and I tried to install it. I ruined 1 stripe (non air release, brittle matte material. just like you said) cost me $20 and I said never again.

9. slappy

slappy Very Active Member

May 31, 2005
    Earth
    :goodpost: wow.. speak of the devil, this just now happened to me 5 minutes ago and i was going to post a thread! lol

Weird to log in and see it right there on the first page........

What are you guys using for camo anyways if you don't have your own printer??? Camowraps, mossyoakgraphics. Both i see are in Fellers.....