• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Grrrr. Customers buying cheapy camouflage vinyl off the web, looking for someone to..

threeputt

wrap their vehicle.

This last one who just left minutes ago showed us the vinyl which she had folded up (no, not rolled up) and ask us for a quote to wrap her Chev. truck.

The stuff didn't even look like it was laminated. WTF?

threeputt

Website? Huh?

This thread is about customers looking for someone (a signshop) to wrap their vehicle with cheapy vinyl they bought somewhere.

We get this fairly often, do you?

Flame

I tell them I don't install customer supplied vinyl. Simple as that. Some of that stuff I've seen is so, so horribly cheap. I've seen camo come in, non air release, no laminate, super thin and brittle. No thank you.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
A lot of those are matte vinyl matte liquid laminated. Been getting a few more lately. I hate how repetitive those "name brand" camo patterns look on vehicles.
Looks lame in my opinion.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Like Flamey said..... have a policy sign on the wall that 'We Don't Install Customer Supplied Supplies'.

If someone has an old electric face or MDO panel.... different story, but not vinyl. Someone like that is gonna be a huge problem down the road.

petepaz

I tell them I don't install customer supplied vinyl. Simple as that. Some of that stuff I've seen is so, so horribly cheap. I've seen camo come in, non air release, no laminate, super thin and brittle. No thank you.
only had that happen once with some racing stripes. I installed some racing stripes on a kids car (3m air release vinyl) came out great and his buddy shows up with a stripe kit he bought and I tried to install it. I ruined 1 stripe (non air release, brittle matte material. just like you said) cost me $20 and I said never again.

slappy

:goodpost: wow.. speak of the devil, this just now happened to me 5 minutes ago and i was going to post a thread! lol

Weird to log in and see it right there on the first page........

What are you guys using for camo anyways if you don't have your own printer??? Camowraps, mossyoakgraphics. Both i see are in Fellers.....