Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GS15 Plus USB Cable

Discussion in 'Gerber' started by johnrock15, Mar 27, 2010.

1. johnrock15

johnrock15 New Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Recently switched computers that does not accept old style plug. Looking to connect via USB. Tried adapter kit, and got blue screen. How can I get this running. Thanks Alot.:cool:

Tags:
  2. stitchup

stitchup Member

If your new computer is a desktop and not a laptop/notebook, fit a serial O/O card internally and it'll solve your problems.

Always worked for me running XP Pro.

John

3. Tony Teveris

Tony Teveris Active Member

All USB to serial cables are not a like. Monday I will post a list that I do know work for Gerber equipment. Unless someone else chimes in.

4. smdgrfx

smdgrfx Member

Mar 9, 2006
    Houston, TX
    I've used to different serial to USB generic ports I bought from Fry's. They both worked as long as the driver worked. You also have to make sure the correct com port is assigned to plotter. For instance, mine only works as COM 3. Will not work as COM 1. Not sure why. I am running XP pro.

5. BobbyFosson

BobbyFosson Member

Feb 25, 2007
    Sabrent makes a good one that is very inexpensive... Newegg.com has them.

6. Tony Teveris

Tony Teveris Active Member

USB to Serial solutions that I have heard work.

Sewell SW-1301 from Sewelldirect.com

I/O Gear model GVC232a (Vista only).

Radio Shack 26-183 has been replaced with 26-949