Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GS6000 Head wash failing

Discussion in 'Epson' started by Moss Printing, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Hello,
    I am having troubles with my GS6000 failing during the head wash. It started with having no black, so we ran the head clean procedure a couple times with no luck. Now we are trying the head wash and it gets to about 80% and says it to replace a couple cleaning cartridges. But when it does this it fails the whole process and wants to start over with a new cleaning cartridge set. I think we are on our second try.
    I don't know what my options are. Do I need to buy more cleaning cartridges? Is there a way to force quit the process?
    It would be nice to just be at the point where we had no black.
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks

Tags:
  2. Bump

3. VanderJ

VanderJ Merchant Member - Printer Parts and Sevice

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    You have to start with the proper amount of cleaning solution for it to work properly. If you run out it just restarts which is annoying for sure. I don't know how to do it on that machine but most machines I work on have a parameter you can change that will trick the machine into thinking it's back to normal. Hopefully someone on signs101 knows more than I do about that machine.