• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GX-24 Windows 7 Driver

Tony Teveris

When upgrading your system and worried about drivers of any kind you need to take into account your new OS (32 vs 64). All drivers in the 64 bit world MUST be 64 bit and "signed" passing a number of test by MS and independent vendors. You can install a 32 bit driver on a 64 bit OS but only by rebooting the computer and selecting F8 where you can select to install any 32 bit driver. You will have to do this everytime you reboot or power on the computer.

Its best is to contact the vendor to see if they support the 64 bit world.

Haakon

Hi

Bringing up an old thread, but since I'm in the same situation as the rest there is no point in starting a new thread about it.

So I got my GX-24 and my new PC delivered on the weekend, its a i7 processor running 64bit Windows 7 (ultimate), and when I connect the GX-24 to the computer with USB, nothing happens (no popup with new hardware found or any other action). I then tried to connect it to my small netbook PC with windows XP, and new driver/roland GX-24 popped up at once.

Did the plug and play work for you on Win7 64bit? Even if I install the drivers from the roland website (checked now, only beta versions available) the computer would have to recognise the hardware (gx-24) when you plug it into the usb/computer in order for it to work, or will that solve itself with the beta drivers installed?

Also, I have Flexistarter 8.6v2 to run all my cutting tasks from, I installed it and the program itself works fine. Do I need drivers for the GX-24 at all then? Or do I just use the cutting drivers in the Production Manager and I'm set?

Just asking in here before I do anything wrong, maybe I can get some help before the Roland dealer I got it from opens tomorrow (6PM in Norway now) :) Hopefully they have got some answers, but no guarantee..