• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GX24 Not cutting all the way around.

phuckdrifting

I've searched and I can't seem to find the right answer. I apologize for the noob question but I will try to cover all my settings...

I'm cutting a vinyl on my GX24 and when I weed out they got stuck since it's not cutting all the way around.

I end up having to carefully weed the thing out and it's taking me hours for just 20 pcs...
I'm trying to figure out what the right settings would be that it cuts all the way around.

It's basically the factory default except for the SPEED, which I slowed down maybe because I'm cutting a small sign.
-I have a new 45 degree blade.
-Oracal Vinyl
-13cm/s
-130gf
-0.250mm

But I'm still having an issue weeding and not cutting all the way around my artwork...

I hope this make sense... Here's a photo of my work, are you can see the letters are out of place. :(

IMG_2509.jpg

Thanks for your time.
-AL

Bogdaniel

add an external contour color white... it should cut the right way and maybe you should increase the knife preassure.

splizaat

That seems like a LOT of pressure. We cut closer to 80g on same vinyl. I'd try another blade -- you may have gotten a bad one. OR if it's a used or old plotter, try replacing the blade holder. The blade holders get bored out over time and the blades tend to wiggle in the holder.

dirtydog50000

How old is your cutting strip. They get digs in them over time and when the blade passes over and over the same spot on the cutting strip there's not enough pressure to cut through. That could b the problem

BobM

Is this a duplicate request on your GX24. Posted a couple of weeks ago "130 gf seems like way to much. I cut Oracal with 80 gf. Start at the beginning. Check the cut strip for ware. Check the blade holder to be sure the blade is turning. Perhaps a tiny drop of oil would help smooth things out. After you are sure everything is working within spec use the test cut feature to tune in the pressure. Good luck."