• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Half & Half

copythat

Has anyone ever had a situation, when your printing the full 48" and it prints lighter for the first 24" and darker for the next. Check out sample!

This was printed on perf & banner. Stands out more on perf.

Any help will be nice...

TIA

Attachments

• Half&half.jpg
    Half&half.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 78

J Hill Designs

thats odd.

might be a kink etc in the cables that run along the belt from MB to head, only getting kinked once carriage is halfway out?

S

spmracing

That looks like a 1204 so it should be only one head... I would check with the ink tubes

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Is it dry completely across ??

Could it be the heater isn't working on one half or are all of your other medias working fine ??

copythat

Same

Is it dry completely across ??

Could it be the heater isn't working on one half or are all of your other medias working fine ??

tried it on banner and bars looked better, but if still lighter than last half of print.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It looks electrical. Check your head cables and slider cables for damage, kinks, corrosion on the connectors, bent leads and ink splatter. I doubt it is the head but there could be a deeper electrical problem happening farther in the machine such as the main board or slider board.

copythat

Thanks for your replys

It all turns out to be the cad5 wire was bad. Replaced it and printing in process.

This forum is ridiculous...

As always, thanks for all the help

copythat

J Hills

thats odd.

might be a kink etc in the cables that run along the belt from MB to head, only getting kinked once carriage is halfway out?

You rock:rock-n-roll: Looked for kinks starting with wire going to machine & found problem right away!

Last edited: