• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Handmade Sign-What you think

SignManiac

Tideway Classic Script available at letterheadfonts.com. Also, there are any number of other fonts that could have worked with you design and several other layout possibilities. You need to try and design three options if you want to expand your skills in that area.

OldPaint

"My experience and expetiece lies in making the moulds for our signs.....therefore we feel our signs are made by hand from scratch."..........now i am confussed!!! what is the composition of the THE SIGN???? i was thinking it was HAND MADE WOODEN, with the FRAME, being mitered-dado and glued.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
"confussed"

Urban dictionary translation of OP speak:

1. confussed
A simultaneous feeling of confusion and fussiness.
Confusion or a lack of understanding regarding a subject that causes fussiness.
"When we have a lot to do on the weekend or in the evening, my girlfriend often gets confussed."
confussy confussiness confused fussy confusion

2. Confussed
Being confused to the point of being fussy about the issue.

"But I don't know, ummphff, why cant I get this? Waaaaa!"

"Don't get all confussed about it!"

wayne k
guam usa

artsnletters

I hear what you are saying but the sign is handmade. My experience and expetiece lies in making the moulds for our signs.....therefore we feel our signs are made by hand from scratch. It is not handpainted though. The sign was made for an elderly lady.
But once again....just in one thread I have learned so much. Thank you guys.
Thats the truth but not really.....you made the sign blank, & painted it. Applied vinyl, done.A nice sign.
I'm with Old Paint...a "hand made" sign blank does not a handmade sign make. You could apply vinyl (with your hands) to a cut out sign blank (done with a hand saber saw) and call it "hand made"...
It does take craftsmanship to make your blank, i agree. I also really like Mike Jacksons' contribution to your project. You will learn a lot around here and some of these folks are the best in the business. Nice sign blank too...
Tim

Fatboy

your mistake was what you called it. HANDMADE SIGN. in here, that has a meaning different then yours. for me this is HAND MADE, i used nothing other then 1 SHOT, brush and a pencil. after i did this doorway, i also HAND PAINTED all 4 walls around this dining room, 6-8 inches below the ceiling. then i did the staircase same way in the main entrance.

If you used brushes then it is not handpainted either. Hand painting only applies when you use your fingers to paint.lol:glasses:

Flame

To be pefectly honest it appears you took the longest route to make a sign that's mediocre at best. The shape is nice, the flowers ok, the lettering horrible.

Honestly I would've done one out of cedar and hand painted everything on there.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
your mistake was what you called it. HANDMADE SIGN. in here, that has a meaning different then yours. for me this is HAND MADE, i used nothing other then 1 SHOT, brush and a pencil. after i did this doorway, i also HAND PAINTED all 4 walls around this dining room, 6-8 inches below the ceiling. then i did the staircase same way in the main entrance.

Holy Geeze, OP………..

That looks great !! The door handles and lock look especially realistic. The tile floor looks almost real with that one in the middle being goofed up a little. The stool looks absolutely 3D….. you really got the shadows and highlights on that stool just perfect.

However, the glass is what puzzles me a bit. Why didn’t you put some reflection in them to show off a little ??

The flowers are ho-hum…. You must’ve gotten them from some art-craft-house that sells stencils…. cause they really look flat compared to the other stuff.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Hehe,
good post Gino - first one to make me laugh this morning over coffee.

wayne k
guam usa

Fatboy

To be pefectly honest it appears you took the longest route to make a sign that's mediocre at best. The shape is nice, the flowers ok, the lettering horrible.

Honestly I would've done one out of cedar and hand painted everything on there.

Point taken...except that I sell 15 plus of these signs a day.Resin was our decided product because of the quantity and the ease on a production line.But I must agree,the more I look at the sign,I realise I could have done much better. Thank you for all the input.

Jillbeans

I like using a resin sign blank.
I used to get the SuperStock ones, now when I need one I use Caravagio.
There are a couple pix of them in my member's gallery.

Flame

Point taken...except that I sell 15 plus of these signs a day.Resin was our decided product because of the quantity and the ease on a production line.But I must agree,the more I look at the sign,I realise I could have done much better. Thank you for all the input.

Wait... so this customer orders 15 hand painted signs a day?

I don't get it... is this a one off sign or something in a production line, or......?

CONFUSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fatboy

Actually quite simple. I have a little factory that make resin blank signs. I sell them all over Africa.Each one gets designed seperatley.It is not one customer

iSign

If you used brushes then it is not handpainted either. Hand painting only applies when you use your fingers to paint.lol:glasses:

great comeback!!!
You will clearly fit in well here... nearly everyone in this thread is someone I've gotten to know well enough to consider friends over the years... but we still bang heads... & if you can't "call it like you see it" with friends... then why have them... like Flame's post... I call BS!! You would'a hand painted it? ... like what all those other.. um 2 maybe that you've painted in your life?? I've read 1000's of posts and the ONLY time I remember any talk about hand painting was some macho challenge that you didn't even step up to the plate forever, until maybe showing 1 hand painted sign...

Fatboy, there IS NO RULE for what you can post in a hand made sign forum.. but in MY OPINION, building a plug & creating a mold & successfully pulling out molded resin blanks.. THAT'S AWESOME!!! and a LOT more worth of the term hand made then the few brushstokes some of us computer generation sign folks may do once or twice in our career.. (I've done my 2.. I think... well, at least one...)

Oh, and not to just pick on flame.. come on OP.. why so grumpy.. you made any molds.. If I made a freakin molded blank, I'll stick pre-cut Home Depot letters on there & still post it here... lighten up already! (confussed :ROFLMAO: great post Wayne!!)

signmeup

Actually quite simple. I have a little factory that make resin blank signs. I sell them all over Africa.Each one gets designed seperatley.It is not one customer
Well....that's down right interesting! Tell us more about what you're doing...and where you're doing it. Some pics of your shop would be great.