• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Handmade Sign-What you think

Flame

I call BS!! You would'a hand painted it? ... like what all those other.. um 2 maybe that you've painted in your life?? I've read 1000's of posts and the ONLY time I remember any talk about hand painting was some macho challenge that you didn't even step up to the plate forever, until maybe showing 1 hand painted sign...

Actually personally I would've slapped a print on it and called it good. But if he was going for the hand done look, putting myself into that position mind you.... I would've painted it with a brush.

As far as the rest, sounds like you're having a bad night so go have a pint. :wine-smi:

Back to fatboy... you're making resin blanks in Africa? Hmmmm, this is interesting, I'm curious to see what you're doing over there that require that many signs a day!!! Explain more. What are these signs popular for?

Last edited:

Pat Whatley

You're not in the banner business over there, are you? I've talked to several very wealth individuals who routinely need large banner orders for their churches and orphanages.

Fatboy

Actually personally I would've slapped a print on it and called it good. But if he was going for the hand done look, putting myself into that position mind you.... I would've painted it with a brush.

As far as the rest, sounds like you're having a bad night so go have a pint. :wine-smi:

Back to fatboy... you're making resin blanks in Africa? Hmmmm, this is interesting, I'm curious to see what you're doing over there that require that many signs a day!!! Explain more. What are these signs popular for?

Flame...maybe visit my website and you will get a better idea. www.housesigns.co.za

Fatboy

You're not in the banner business over there, are you? I've talked to several very wealth individuals who routinely need large banner orders for their churches and orphanages.
Pat ,yes we do banners as well and would really appreciate any business coming our way.

Fatboy

great comeback!!!
You will clearly fit in well here... nearly everyone in this thread is someone I've gotten to know well enough to consider friends over the years... but we still bang heads... & if you can't "call it like you see it" with friends... then why have them... like Flame's post... I call BS!! You would'a hand painted it? ... like what all those other.. um 2 maybe that you've painted in your life?? I've read 1000's of posts and the ONLY time I remember any talk about hand painting was some macho challenge that you didn't even step up to the plate forever, until maybe showing 1 hand painted sign...

Fatboy, there IS NO RULE for what you can post in a hand made sign forum.. but in MY OPINION, building a plug & creating a mold & successfully pulling out molded resin blanks.. THAT'S AWESOME!!! and a LOT more worth of the term hand made then the few brushstokes some of us computer generation sign folks may do once or twice in our career.. (I've done my 2.. I think... well, at least one...)

Oh, and not to just pick on flame.. come on OP.. why so grumpy.. you made any molds.. If I made a freakin molded blank, I'll stick pre-cut Home Depot letters on there & still post it here... lighten up already! (confussed :ROFLMAO: great post Wayne!!)

Thank you my friend

steve b

What kind of resin are you using? and how does it hold up to UV.... Or are you painting the whole sign first?

Thanks for posting up your work!

steveb

Fatboy

I use a polyester casting resin and all my signs are painted with uv resistant paints.After artwork is applied I then coat it with a clear uv resistant paint