• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Happy Freakin' Monday

Bigdawg

Just Me
Walk in today and am basically met at the door by the boss... need to take a look at a van we wrapped Friday. The installer was off by a little bit.. combined with the little bit the layout was off... well - let's just say that side is coming off the van today. Grrrrrr.....

We go to the next big project... wonderful tradeshow panels printed on Lexjet SR... I usually love SR - I've accidentally had it touch ink-to-ink when printing with no problems because it's so absorbent. We had printed all the panels except 2 on Friday... unrolled them to start trimming and look at the lovely ink transfer. Not to mention that some dirt was on the print that normally wouldn't have been an issue, but for some reason it indented into the material making the panel useless. Total reprint. All of it. Due out the door in the AM. Luckily we hadn't started putting on the expensive 15 mil lam yet.

So I start printing the panels that weren't printed on Friday and not one blue matches... after much investigation it's not a profile issue. The "designer" spec'd PMS 2935 on each one - but with different color definitions in each file.

Is it quittin' time yet?????

HulkSmash

Walk in today and am basically met at the door by the boss... need to take a look at a van we wrapped Friday. The installer was off by a little bit.. combined with the little bit the layout was off... well - let's just say that side is coming off the van today. Grrrrrr.....

We go to the next big project... wonderful tradeshow panels printed on Lexjet SR... I usually love SR - I've accidentally had it touch ink-to-ink when printing with no problems because it's so absorbent. We had printed all the panels except 2 on Friday... unrolled them to start trimming and look at the lovely ink transfer. Not to mention that some dirt was on the print that normally wouldn't have been an issue, but for some reason it indented into the material making the panel useless. Total reprint. All of it. Due out the door in the AM. Luckily we hadn't started putting on the expensive 15 mil lam yet.

So I start printing the panels that weren't printed on Friday and not one blue matches... after much investigation it's not a profile issue. The "designer" spec'd PMS 2935 on each one - but with different color definitions in each file.

Is it quittin' time yet?????

That sucks stacy...
I'm having a pretty cruddy day too, I think i have the flu! Hope everything works itself out.

Marlene

ugh, sounds like you need a break!

The "designer" spec'd PMS 2935 on each one - but with different color definitions in each file.

I just love it when they do that! I had some files from an organization that is super picky about their Pantone colors so their own "designer" set all the files in CMYK, none of which matched up to anything...what is up with these guys?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Came in and my monitor was all white. Tried all kinds of things and nothing worked. After about the 14th re-boot, it finally worked. Had a storm come through the area last night and it apparently knocked out one of our compressors. No one knew how to change out the old fuses. Working on a layout for a company and was just informed by the township, they are only going to allow for a 2' x 3' sign instead of the 4' x 8' we asked for and was told verbally, Okay. Had a phone message from a vendor that the 19' scissors lift we had reserved for tomorrow won't be on location when we get there. We have to find a different rental company for tomorrow's project. Worst one though..... I was lifting my tractor into the back of my truck Saturday morning and knocked my back out. Can't straighten up for sh!t for now.

You guys want the end of the day..... I want the end of the week.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Take some pain pills for that back and nothing else will matter Gino :smile:

Just a crappy way to start the day. Printing away now... but dang... has it been a Monday!!!

CES020

I'd like to get in line too, please! It's a crappy day so far. Had 2 machines down this morning, 1 is back up and 1 is limping along. Nothing like wasting all morning on the phone with tech support people.

Pat Whatley

Had screenprinter put me off for a week on some signs I needed printed. Told me last Wednesday they wouldn't be doing them for me. Found a second printer who offered same day printing....then didn't deliver on that offer. Friday I told my irate customer I'd have an answer for them by Monday. First thing this morning I found a third printer....who actually ran the signs right after I sent over the file. Got the confirmation that they were printed about 10:00 this morning, picked up the phone to call my customer and tell them I'd have them tomorrow only to have them tell me they'd left me a voice mail message over the weekend cancelling the order.

Now not only to I get to refund their deposit....and lose the other 50%....and I'm out what I paid the third printer to print the signs. Transferring money from my personal account to the business account was not how I intended to start the work week.

mrchips

Started work this morning and all my chisels and gouges were working fine and the paint is drying......... and I put a grand in the bank that I made at a show on Sat.

Life Is Good! :)

Joe,

Makin Chip$ and Havin Fun!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, that doesn't make my back feel any better... especially after throwing that squeegee at the wall....... :Oops:

j/k :wink:

anotherdog

Ha! you think your day is bad?
It's a holiday today here in Canada, So I drove down to the beach just 5 mins away....I forgot the sunscreen!

Well since I have just had to drive all the way back and get it. Now I'm going back there to sneak a beer, eat salty snacks, read a book and snooze in the warm sun.

Hope you have a better one than I'm having I tell you!

Mike F

My day's been fine so far. Last week was a different story though...

Was in the hospital from Wednesday morning till Friday afternoon. Initially went in with what I thought was SVT (supraventricular tachycardia, or a sustained rapid heartbeat of 150+bpm), which I've had a few dozen times before, but not since I had an ablation a few years back to burn out the scar tissue in my heart that was causing it. Before, they would usually pump me with some adenosine, my heart would go back to the usual 75 - 80 bpm, and I'm out that night or early next morning. This time... not so easy. 6ml of adenosine, then another 12ml, then 20ml of something else (started with a C, I forget the name), and the rapid heartbeat still won't go down. They do an EKG and find out, hey, it's not SVT, it's atrial flutter, which is much more dangerous. Basically, my bottom chamber was going 150bpm and my top was going 300bpm. And this is where the fun begins...

So they decide that maybe if they fiddle with my pacemaker a little bit, it'll knock out the electrical charge that's stuck in a loop and causing the atrial flutter. Well, when they interrogate the pacemaker, it tells them the lead (wire from pacer to heart) is compromised. Now I have to get the pacemaker and lead replaced in the next 6 months or so. Fantastic. They also need to get someone from St. Jude's in with a newer interrogation machine because theirs is outdated and won't let them do much but look around. OK, great, not like my heart feels like it's gonna pop or anything. So they take me outta the ER and put me in a room to monitor me and I go to sleep.

Wake up the next day (Thursday) to get an echo done on my heart, immediately followed by the guy from St. Jude's with the up-to-date interrogation equipment. He fires it up, prints some logs out, tweaks some settings, and switches modes so that it still works even with the compromised lead. Still in atrial flutter, so they start making plans to do a cardioversion (shocking me with the paddles to reboot my electrical system). Bout an hour after the pacemaker guy leave they come in and say, oh, I guess that did work, you're out of flutter, as long as you don't go back in you can go home today. Awesome. You also have to come back in September for another ablation so we can get the scar tissue that was causing the atrial flutter. Not so awesome.

4 hours later, 2 of the doctors come in my room. They pull out the echo from earlier and start explaining how the bottom chamber of my heart is only working at 40% efficiency, I'm not going home that night, and they're starting me on a heart medication that's meant for people who've just had heart failure. They also tell me I'll most likely be on it the rest of my life. Great.

Next morning (Friday), same 2 doctors come in my room bright and early. They tell me I have a follow up at noon next Friday, and oh, we'll be putting you on a second heart medication that you'll also have to take for life. And eventually we're gonna throw in a third one. By the way, you can finally go home now.

All that... and I'll only be 27 years old at the end of the month. So yea... quit bitchin'.

mark galoob

old thai proverb...

loosley translate to...

the health of your body is nothing, but without health in your body, everything else is nothing.

mark galoob

CES020

Can we blame that on some customer, some how? :)

Sorry about your health issues. That's a lot to deal with at 27.

On second thoughts, everything is fine......

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, my back still hurts. Your story didn't make it feel any better, but your predicament is far worse than mine and I'm more than double your age.

I feel sorry for you, being so young and having to put up with that kinda sh!t.... and for the rest of your life, yet.

Well, hang in there, I've seen and know people personally that have been diagnosed with some really bad things.... only to come back and not only beat the odds, but turn their life around, thus not needing modern Western Medicine.

As galoob said, take good care of yourself and your own body can just pull you through. Good Luck and Good Health ! ! :thumb:

401Graphics

Geez only 27? I feel like im falling apart at 33. and i dont have insurance so i cant even get checked out. But usually if something gets bad enough i'll go to the hospital, then never pay the bill.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
accidentally had it touch ink-to-ink when printing

I switched to latex last year, and if someone offered me a free solvent printer with free ink for life, i'd pass..

it's so worth it...

Mike F

Thanks guys, needless to say I had to quit drinking so I haven't been able to vent in my usual way :toasting:. Only good thing about this happening at my age is I'm still (relatively) young so hopefully with some hard work and the right lifestyle changes I can bounce back. Coming up with a game plan this week to start getting more exercise and start eating better.

Oh, and yea, they said stress could have caused me to go into the atrial flutter, so I guess you technically could put partial blame on work / customers :ROFLMAO: