• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hard Knocks bar sign

i think a more human not demon skull would work a little better with smaller canines and not sure what is going on with 'it's' left eye are those rings hanging through the eye socket or gold scrathes? i would nix them.

Pat Whatley

So how did you do the effects? The design is GREAT BTW....

The effects are a combination of Machine Wash Filters and some Photoshop actions I've had. I was just messing around with it to get an aged, dimensional look. The Machine Wash filters can do some pretty slick stuff really easilly. Here's a rusted and a weathered look.

And before anybody mentions it the Smith sign was a gift for a friend who builds guitar amps. It's stuck on the wall in his workshop. He had a booth in the NAMM show with Fat Tone Guitars who had an Americana looking shield in their booth. He mentioned it, it reminded me of THIS SIGN I'D SEEN by Brandon Lesley on the Letterhead Fonts site so I copied it. I'm just showing the effects applied to it.

Attachments

• smith-weathered.jpg
    smith-weathered.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

SignManiac

Hey Pat do you know if these filters will work in Corel Photopaint? I likey!!!

Nevermind, I just dug through their site and it looks like it will work with Corel Photopaint X3

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
I like it, makes me want to shank somebody...
I'd adjust the stars and probably shave down the canines a bit.

Love the weathered look... :thumb: