• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Has anybody tried the new vinyl from Fellers?

WhatsYourSign?

We received some mail recently about their new colored vinyl. It's cheap but it's an unknown for me.

Has anybody tried it that can vouch for their material quality?

Thanks in advance!

visual800

Heres the thing about "NEW" stuff. We are its gerbils, We are the ones that will "demo" their so called stuff even though they say its been through rigorous element testing. Next year when this stuff starts failing, do you think Fellers will step in and help you?....No. Because once you have "touched" a product its all your fault and thats what they can hold against you.

Im gonna sit in the corner with my Oracal 751 and be perfectly content, Ive had enough of testing new products in my life

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Back 10 years ago we ventured out and test their Shine Rite stuff. The first time I had to remove it because of a mistake I decided never again. All the adhesive stuck to the substrate after being on there for 5 mins. The time it took me to remove the adhesive could have been made up by the tiny amount extra for Oracal.

I too would never venture out and try house brand anymore.... You don't save nearly enough $$ to justify it at the slightest.

Christian @ 2CT Media

It's Arlon Sott line. They took it over whether by agreement or buyout I can't dig up all the info but I have heard from reps at arlon that its their color change films.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Not familiar with the Arlon Sott line; is it any good?
It was decent, they just did a horrible job of making up ground against 3m and Avery. They had a lot of cool colors a few years ago in fact I have clients still pissed we cant replace their wraps with the same colors. Hopefully Fellers can bring those colors back out.

Reveal1

Thanks, just received the Fellers mailing this morning and pitched it. Might fish it out of the trash and request a sample...

OhioSigns

I received a flyer from Cheetahwraps. Never bought anything from them before but occasionally I will buy from Fellers but I haven't received anything from them yet.

WhatsYourSign?

Are you guys receiving these mailing branded as Fellers or cheetahwraps?

CheetahWraps

I'll see if I can get a picture of it to share with everybody if we haven't thrown it away.

Edit: Image included.

glPZqAI_d.jpg

Last edited:
Huh...My friend told me a while ago, it is from Ritrama. Does anyone have experience with Fellers wrap vinyl? As long as it works, I don't care. I use Avery black to wrap on cargo vans. looking for options.

Attachments

• upload_2018-11-14_14-45-12.png
    upload_2018-11-14_14-45-12.png
    327 bytes · Views: 233

MrPrinter

years ago ,Fellers sold us a dented up oracal roll that wouldn't feed through the printer without causing head strikes. Originally we were told they would take back the roll , then someone else from Fellers said that they have to return it to us and we would have to live with it. After I refused to take it back, they sent collection letters for the price of the roll? That was the end of buying from Fellers. Was good relationship until then...

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Fellers is dead to me because of the pricing games they play. They have gotten expensive, and a lot of the stuff isn't in stock at our local warehouse anymore so there goes their fast turnaround time. They use to be our go-to 10-15 years ago but no anymore.

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
I figured it was Arlon since they want to sell the same satin red aluminum that arlon had.
I installed arlon before. Installed ok but the removal was HORRIBLE. Never again.
Cheetahwrap is cheap but no. It doesn't worth it when removal is going to take 4 times as much