Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anybody tried the new vinyl from Fellers?

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by WhatsYourSign?, Nov 10, 2018.

1. WhatsYourSign?

WhatsYourSign? Member

Jul 13, 2018
    Virginia
    We received some mail recently about their new colored vinyl. It's cheap but it's an unknown for me.

Has anybody tried it that can vouch for their material quality?

Thanks in advance!

Tags:
  2. visual800

visual800 Very Active Member

Aug 4, 2010
    montgomery, alabama
    Heres the thing about "NEW" stuff. We are its gerbils, We are the ones that will "demo" their so called stuff even though they say its been through rigorous element testing. Next year when this stuff starts failing, do you think Fellers will step in and help you?....No. Because once you have "touched" a product its all your fault and thats what they can hold against you.

Im gonna sit in the corner with my Oracal 751 and be perfectly content, Ive had enough of testing new products in my life

• Like Like x 3
  3. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    Back 10 years ago we ventured out and test their Shine Rite stuff. The first time I had to remove it because of a mistake I decided never again. All the adhesive stuck to the substrate after being on there for 5 mins. The time it took me to remove the adhesive could have been made up by the tiny amount extra for Oracal.

I too would never venture out and try house brand anymore.... You don't save nearly enough $$ to justify it at the slightest.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. 2CT Media

2CT Media Very Active Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    It's Arlon Sott line. They took it over whether by agreement or buyout I can't dig up all the info but I have heard from reps at arlon that its their color change films.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Reveal1

Reveal1 Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Cape Girardeau, MO
    Not familiar with the Arlon Sott line; is it any good?

6. 2CT Media

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    It was decent, they just did a horrible job of making up ground against 3m and Avery. They had a lot of cool colors a few years ago in fact I have clients still pissed we cant replace their wraps with the same colors. Hopefully Fellers can bring those colors back out.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Reveal1

Reveal1 Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Cape Girardeau, MO
    Thanks, just received the Fellers mailing this morning and pitched it. Might fish it out of the trash and request a sample...

8. 2CT Media

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    Are you guys receiving these mailing branded as Fellers or cheetahwraps?

9. OhioSigns

OhioSigns Member

Jun 20, 2014
    Greenville, Ohio
    I received a flyer from Cheetahwraps. Never bought anything from them before but occasionally I will buy from Fellers but I haven't received anything from them yet.

10. WhatsYourSign?

WhatsYourSign? Member

Jul 13, 2018
    Virginia

CheetahWraps

I'll see if I can get a picture of it to share with everybody if we haven't thrown it away.

Edit: Image included.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  11. 2CT Media

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    I received the Cheetahwraps one but I was wondering if people are getting a Fellers brand one?

12. Texas_Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    The problem I see, is that there is only one picture of Frank on that page...should at least be 5, minimum per page

• Hilarious! Hilarious! x 1
  13. California Print guy

California Print guy New Member

Jul 8, 2016
    California
    Huh...My friend told me a while ago, it is from Ritrama. Does anyone have experience with Fellers wrap vinyl? As long as it works, I don't care. I use Avery black to wrap on cargo vans. looking for options.

Attached Files:

14. bannertime

bannertime "You guys do banners, right?"

Sep 8, 2016
    Arlington, TX
    I thought Fellers was still dying that they had ties to Cheetahwraps?

15. MrPrinter

MrPrinter New Member

May 25, 2011
    las vegas
    years ago ,Fellers sold us a dented up oracal roll that wouldn't feed through the printer without causing head strikes. Originally we were told they would take back the roll , then someone else from Fellers said that they have to return it to us and we would have to live with it. After I refused to take it back, they sent collection letters for the price of the roll? That was the end of buying from Fellers. Was good relationship until then...

16. Texas_Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    Fellers is dead to me because of the pricing games they play. They have gotten expensive, and a lot of the stuff isn't in stock at our local warehouse anymore so there goes their fast turnaround time. They use to be our go-to 10-15 years ago but no anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  17. CSOCSO

CSOCSO I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.

Jul 18, 2012
    Florida
    I figured it was Arlon since they want to sell the same satin red aluminum that arlon had.
    I installed arlon before. Installed ok but the removal was HORRIBLE. Never again.
    Cheetahwrap is cheap but no. It doesn't worth it when removal is going to take 4 times as much