• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Has Anyone E V E R Gotten................................................................

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
They came over, looked at it and said....... don't worry about it, just letter over it and no one will ever notice it......... they didn't even want a white patch of vinyl over it.
So, Notarealsignguy had the winning answer!

96XP

I was going to say that too. I had an aluminum panel with water stains on it, NOTHING would clean it up. I randomly tried WD40 and was impressed with the results. Not sure about paint, though.
Had my lucky day when I used it to dilute and extract magenta solvent ink - out of an off-white carpet.

somcalmetim

Try "Break Parts Cleaner"...they have Chlorinated and non versions...comes in a spray can...I find the chlorinated version works surprisingly well on adhesive but not a huge amount of experience overall as I only borrow it from mechanics when I run out of my normal adhesive/oil remover out on the road in their shop...it might get at your marker tho...

We used Oven Cleaner to get old hand painted lettering/pinstripes off but you really have to glove up, mask off, use targeted application for only short periods of time or it will burn...even done well, it tended to yellow old light colored base paint...leave it on too long and it would eat right through paint...

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Oven cleaner? And it didn't work well, in the end... outside it's intended use? That has warnings about unintended use right on the can. Huh. How long did it take for you to gear up with the hazmat gear?

netsol

Oven cleaner? And it didn't work well, in the end... outside it's intended use? That has warnings about unintended use right on the can. Huh. How long did it take for you to gear up with the hazmat gear?
i have heard of lots of people using oven cleaner for removal
it's kind of open ended, though, the EPA gets emboldened and outlaws another family of chemicals...
so oven cleaner isn't really oven cleaner and only the environmentalists believe you can clean your oven by wiping it with the surface of a fresh cut lemon

DL Signs

Never go against the family
Oven cleaner is what body shops used to get vinyl off of cars back in the day. Was one of the easiest ways to get all that fake wood grain off factories used to slap on cars back in the 60's & 70's, it worked great. Now it won't even clean an oven...

JamesLam

Oven cleaner is what body shops used to get vinyl off of cars back in the day. Was one of the easiest ways to get all that fake wood grain off factories used to slap on cars back in the 60's & 70's, it worked great. Now it won't even clean an oven...
That wood wasn't real? Wow!

somcalmetim

Didnt say it didnt work well...its works too well so you cant leave it on too long...old school pinstripers use it all the time for taking One Shot painted pinstripes/graphics off truck and car paint...you basically just need gloves or it will burn your hands...
mask off around the area, spray on and keep wiping every 20 or 30 seconds to see if its softened the one shot up yet...just dont go answer the phone while its working...wipe off and wash with windex or water when done and you are fine...

petepaz

goof off? that takes a lot of crap off

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-22 143700.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-22 143700.png
    295.2 KB · Views: 14