• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

has anyone have a 6 feet laminator?

megamedia

Hello, I was looking for a 6 feet laminator but it seems in the market that the limit is 5 feet.

Has anyone here have a 6 feet? I was always wondering does it mean the large commercial rectangular lightbox sign that are 6 feet are usually done by handle laminating ? I have a printing UV roll to roll 1.8 meters. I want to start making 6 feet high signs but my only limitation is how to apply my printed film on a 6 feet acrylic panels.

Any advice would be appreciated. I commit to give back to this beautiful community signs 101.
thank you so much

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
I sell Kala laminators and they have 80" units available. They may not be readily available (made in France...may have to ship it over if they don't have stock in the USA).

If you'd like pricing and information, let me know and I'll get it for you.

SignBoi

Kala Laminator is great and they also have application tables. Try to get one used from the next Sign show!

JBurton

Signtologist
I don't know if Miratec built their own laminator, or how they do it, but their top tier flex faces have 3m 8518 laminated onto them, and they go well beyond 10' wide, and the flex material is definitely not welded or seamed, but the laminate is.

megamedia

thank you so much for all the replies. I've learned a lot from all the answers here. I will probably purchase one lamination table within 3-4 months. I didn't even know it existed those large size. thank you White Haus, thank you SignBoi, thank you JBurton.