• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Have At It...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Poco.....

What you might want to consider is how to address your customer and enlighten them on the difference between signs and brochures.

It's the same as the guy/gal that comes into the shop for a trade show sign for at the top of the booth and want their name, what they do, their phone number, laundry list website, and their kids middle initials.....

A sign is not a selling tool. It's to inform people who you are and where you are. Having a clock under your sign will help make it more noticeable, but won't sell anything for you.... same as listing every known item and possibility you do, unless you are a doctor vs. dentist. They both end in M.D.

If this guy is in a professional village and is the only Power Washer..... he only needs to point people to his name and they'll probably come in where he has brochures, samples, and business cards along with a salesperson to educate them on what they do and how well they can serve the person.

Anyone reading the Gettysburg address on a sign is gonna get tired of all that reading and probably forget what they were even reading it for.

For this reason, I hate doing parking lots signs. On them, cause everyone wants to post everything possible or against the law to do, just so it's in writing... one doesn't care if anyone reads it. It's posted so they can now ticket or have cars towed away. This is the same thinking behind putting all of this unnecessary information on a simple little sign.... no one will ever read it. Sure, it seems relevant to the customer, but the average potential customer isn't going to read every story book while walking down the pavement, let alone driving by at 35mph or more.

Tigertron

Visual800 wins the prize IMO. Nice and clean.

I was driving up and down the main drag this weekend and saw the local high school promoting... something? There were at least 40 kids all holding the same coroplast signs but it was so busy and cramped I couldn't tell what it said. And if it wasnt for being in school colors and held by kids I wouldn't even know it was the school.

I like that 2.5 second rule.

Poconopete

Appreciate all the advice, this ain't my first rodeo. I was just trying to give them what they want.
Sent off a super clean, simplified layout sans most of their shopping list along with some cluttered others. We'll see what happens. Bottom line is if they pay me to make crap then crap I shall make!
:thankyou:

Heard that one before.....

.....so be it.

I am not trying to start any fights, but why are some of these people coming on here asking for help and at the end they don't change the layout and end it with "well its what the customer wants" ... personally if I know a customer wants a crap layout and will not budge I wouldn't waste others times to help with a crap design that won't go anywhere...

visual800

Visual800 wins the prize IMO. Nice and clean.

I was driving up and down the main drag this weekend and saw the local high school promoting... something? There were at least 40 kids all holding the same coroplast signs but it was so busy and cramped I couldn't tell what it said. And if it wasnt for being in school colors and held by kids I wouldn't even know it was the school.

I like that 2.5 second rule.

WOOOHOOOO! what I win? deck cleaning?