• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Have you affected your business this time?

JDdesign

Sorry for any inconvenience in using GOOGLE translation software

Although the good news is that the impact of my country is not serious

But the epidemic is well controlled.

Inevitably, the decline in business caused by the relationship between the world economy and viruses is more affected than the viruses.

Consumer austerity export orders are canceled, people dare not go out, corporate revenue declines, cutting marketing expenses, etc.

The advertising industry in our country is facing an unprecedented winter

This month's revenue is only 1/3 of the same period last year.
I hope the business can return to the original level as soon as possible
Otherwise, this year will continue and many people / companies cannot survive this year

It ’s really worrying without CASE. Thank you for listening to my complaint. I wonder if the influence of colleagues in different countries is also huge?

unclebun

Yes, orders and volume of business have been way down the last month and a half. We are starting to see it pick back up. Fortunately we are in a state that was not shut down completely, so we were able to stay open for the duration.
Our economic pain has not been caused by the virus. Our county has only had a few cases and one death. It has been caused by the government actions.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Not far from you in Omaha uncle Ben. Same here. Fortunately we have not been very hard hit either. I hope it stays that way.

Bly

Here it depends who your clients are.
Trade shows, events, tourism, gyms and hospitality are totally dead.
Industry hasn't shut down. We're lucky to have a spread of clients so haven't been hit badly... yet.

ikarasu

We've been busy as usual... However a lot of our clients are late in paying. We've been staying ontop of it... but some people we've dealt with for years and regularly have credit in the 75-100k havebt paid their 30k bill in the past 30 days. When we go to collect they say they need to get authorization from head office to write the cheque and it may take a week or two... Which to us symbolizes financial problems.

It's hard telling people we can't extend them more credit until they pay up. But times are hard everywhere, I'm sure some of our clients are going to default... we cant take that big of a hit or we'll end up defaulting on our suppliers as well.

So business is a bit slower, however we have a bunch of huge projects on the go. We're lucky in that sense... keeping busy at least!

visual800

I think Im more concerned they are not allowing businesses to open back up in our city. They blocked off the streets to keep them from protesting. Why would a government not allow people to go back to work? it makes no sense

ams

In the past few days, I have had a large increase in my business, so things are improving. However to survive in this economy you need to adapt innovation to your company. Use your downtime to improve your manufacturing times, adjust your shop to make it flow better, streamline your jobs, clean up and reorganize. Basically all of the things you can't do when you are busy.

I walk around the shop and see dozens of things I've been wanting to get done and now can, one by one.

ams

I think Im more concerned they are not allowing businesses to open back up in our city. They blocked off the streets to keep them from protesting. Why would a government not allow people to go back to work? it makes no sense

Well it's a two way battle right now. Our side wants to reopen and save all the businesses, the other side wants every business shut down and every person confined to their home until August.
So our side would save the economy, the other side would destroy the economy and start a depression.
I wish there was middle ground, but when you play politics, everyone loses.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
We’ve been getting a lot of HUGE quotes in for businesses running promotions when things start opening back up. Even if we get 1/10 of the stuff we’ve quoted I’ll be a very busy boy.

Stacey K

I like making signs
All the bars and restaurants are closed in WI - that was a big part of my business. Still doing vehicle lettering and had some larger jobs luckily to make up for losing some smaller ones. I have very little overhead, thankfully!

player

Yes, orders and volume of business have been way down the last month and a half. We are starting to see it pick back up. Fortunately we are in a state that was not shut down completely, so we were able to stay open for the duration.
Our economic pain has not been caused by the virus. Our county has only had a few cases and one death. It has been caused by the government actions.
USA has 850,000+ known cases, millions undiagnosed. Almost 50,000 deaths. Around 2,500 deaths every day. Highly contagious, with the ability to infect exponentially.

unclebun

USA has 850,000+ known cases, millions undiagnosed. Almost 50,000 deaths. Around 2,500 deaths every day. Highly contagious, with the ability to infect exponentially.

In our county we have had 35 cases so far. One death. The neighboring county, also part of our community, has had 1 case, no deaths. Statewide, there have been 6100 cases, 208 deaths, with 60,000 people having been tested. The vast majority of the cases in our state have been in the largest city, with the second most in the second largest city. Since we are a resort town, the majority of the cases in our community resulted from people who came from the cities, initially because of a Mardi Gras pub crawl in one community, and then because of people coming to live in their second homes instead of staying in the city, and a small amount of resultant community spread. Currently there are 611 confirmed cases in the hospital with 300 being investigated statewide. Only 1/3 of hospital beds are in use, and and about 35% of available ventilators are in use.

Not to minimize the people who have been sick or died, but in reality the initial assessments of this pandemic were a gross exaggeration, and the disease was initially thought to be much more deadly than it has turned out to be, as evidenced in the massively scaled back predictions of the death toll. In addition, we are now finding out that the virus has been with us much longer than had previously been known, as evidenced by analysis of autopsy specimens from people who died in early February in Santa Clara County, California, none of whom had traveled anywhere. That area is full of computer and tech companies with a very large Chinese population, and for the people to have died in early February, considering the average duration from infection to death is 3 weeks, that means there was community spread going on in mid January. This is also the county where they've done some antibody testing and found that the rate of infection was likely 50-85 times higher than the number of confirmed cases would suggest. So rather than being alarmist about the "asymptomatic" and mild illness spread of the coronavirus, we should actually be glad that this happens because ultimately that will end this thing faster than any strategy we can come up with.

Reveal1

Well it's a two way battle right now. Our side wants to reopen and save all the businesses, the other side wants every business shut down and every person confined to their home until August.
So our side would save the economy, the other side would destroy the economy and start a depression.
I wish there was middle ground, but when you play politics, everyone loses.

When you speak in terms of 'our side' 'other side' and then go on to lament the political state of affairs, it does not help your credibility. Maybe we are in a parallel universe where Toad has reappeared in conservative form.

player

This is from a Facebook post:

Richard L. Williams
April 2 at 12:35 PM

Just saw Trump again blame Obama for leaving him with an 'empty shelf' of medical supplies so I thought I would throw up a little history for folks on both sides of the political divide. But I think it’s important that we understand the truth. Forgive the length but, hey, we all have time on our hands to read, right?

In December 2013, an 18-month-old boy in Guinea was bitten by a bat. Then there were five more fatal cases. When Ebola spread out of the Guinea borders into neighboring Liberia and Sierra Leone in July 2014, President Obama activated the Emergency Operations Center at the Centers for Disease Control in Atlanta. The CDC immediately deployed CDC personnel to West Africa to coordinate a response that included vector tracing, testing, education, logistics and communication.

Altogether, the CDC, under President Obama, trained 24,655 medical workers in West Africa, educating them on how to prevent and control the disease before a single case left Africa or reached the U.S. Good response, good leadership.

Working with the U.N. and the World Health Organization, President Obama ordered the re-routing of travelers heading to the U.S. through certain specific airports equipped to handle mass testing.

Back home in America, more than 6,500 people were trained through mock outbreaks and practice scenarios. That was done before a single case hit America. Three months after President Obama activated this unprecedented response, on September 30, 2014, we got our first case in the U.S. That man had traveled from West Africa to Dallas, Texas and had somehow slipped through the testing protocol. He was immediately detected and isolated. He died a week later. Two nurses who tended to him contracted Ebola and later recovered. All the protocols had worked. It was contained.

The Ebola epidemic could have easily become a pandemic. But thanks to the actions of our government under Obama, it never did. Those three cases were the ONLY cases of Ebola in our country because Obama did what needed to be done three months before the first case. Ebola is even more contagious than Covid-19. If he Obama not done these things, millions of Americans would have died awful painful deaths like something out of a horror movie. It’s ironic that BECAUSE President Obama did these things -we forget that he did them because the disease never reached our shores.

Now the story of Covid-19 and Trump’s response that we know about so far are plaguing… before anyone even knew about the disease (even in China), Trump disbanded the pandemic response team that Obama had put in place. He cut funding to the CDC. And he cut our contribution to the World Health Organization (WHO). Trump fired Rear Admiral Timothy Ziemer, the person on the National Security Council in charge of stopping the spread of infectious diseases before they reach our country -a position created by the Obama administration.

When the Outbreak started in China, Trump assumed it was China’s problem and sent no research, supplies or help of any kind. We were in a trade war, why should he help them? In January he received a briefing from our intelligence organizations that the outbreak was much worse than China was admitting and that it would have definitely hit our country if something wasn’t done to prevent it. He ignored the report, not trusting our own intelligence.

When the disease spread to Europe, the World Health Organization offered a boatload of tests to the United States. Trump turned them down, saying private companies here would make the tests “better” if we needed them. But he never ordered U.S. companies to make tests and they had no profit motive to do so on their own. According to scientists at Yale and several public university medical schools, when they asked for permission to start working on our own testing protocol and potential treatments or vaccines, they were denied by Trump’s FDA.

When Trump knew about the first case in the United States, he did nothing. It was just one case and the patient was isolated. When doctors and scientists started screaming in the media that this was a mistake, Trump claimed it was a “liberal hoax” conjured up to try to make him “look bad after impeachment failed.”

The next time Trump spoke of Covid-19, we had 64 confirmed cases, but Trump went before microphones and told the America public that we only had 15 cases, and said, “pretty soon that number will be close to zero” he touted. All while the disease was spreading. He took NO action to get more tests. What Trump did do is stop flights from China from coming here. This was too late and accomplished nothing according to scientists and doctors. By then the disease was worldwide and was already spreading exponentially in the U.S. -by Americans, not Chinese people, as Trump would like you to believe.

I hear Republican pundits try to put the blame on China. And they are correct after all, the disease started there. And the Chinese government handled it poorly AND DISHONESTLY. So, it’s fair to blame the government of China for the EXISTENCE of the Covid-19 virus. BUT THAT MISSES THE POINT. Obama didn’t blame Ebola on Guinea. He helped them stop it. Trump let the disease invade the U.S.

ikarasu

I love how the same people who cried about how the Covid is fake and being blown out of porportion, and causes half as many deaths as the flu each year have started making other excuses.

Covid is now at double the deaths in just 2 months, than the flu has in a whole calander year, and hasnt even started to slow down. Theyre saying the second wave in fall will likely be worst and deadlier than this wave.

The same peolpe crying to re-open the country because their small community only has a few hundred cases.... Meanwhile the only reason it is that low is because the country is closed. People need to read up on exponential growth.

USA wanted to re-open the border with Canada soon - said it was in the works. The same day, Canada came out and said no... The border will not be re-opening for months until USA gets this disease under control. Air canada, our biggest airline just canceled ALL flights to usa because they cant get any workers willing to step foot in America. We're not the onlyones... You guys can lift the lockdown, keep the disease around for as long as you want... I can guarantee it's going to kill your economy a lot more than a lockdown would - No one will be doing business... tourism is going to be completely dead... Your medical bills will shoot through the roof... you need to think of the big picture. Yes, it sucks right now... but Even if you ignore all the deaths many people seem to not care about... If you re-open, yes you'll stay in business a bit longer... but in the long term it's going to screw your economy over A LOT more than a lockdown.

People need to start doing their own research. One news leans all the way to the left, one leans all the way to the right - It's supposed to be unbiased, but neither side is. Everyone has an agenda... So stop listening to what the news and trump is spouting, take this time to read up on covid 19 and past diseases like it, and decide for yourself.

This isnt just some flu thats going around, theres been 200,000 deaths in such a short period of time... and thats with lockdowns, and chinas severely fudged numbers. In a few weeks that number will jump to a million.

honestly, if people werent so stupid there whouldn't need to be a lockdown. But seeing how some people are viewing this... I wish they were even more strict.

JDdesign

Thank you for your enthusiastic reply

I am a Taiwanese. Our country has indeed noticed the situation of China since the end of December last year (after all, our country does not believe in China ’s epidemic situation in terms of political conditions), so we started the operation as early as January

At least up to now, there have been almost no cases in China (0 and 0 diagnosed yesterday and today) And the government controlled the production of masks from the beginning. We can have 9 masks for two weeks each, and one mask is only NT $ 7.

But I am not going to talk about the status of the epidemic here, because even though the epidemic situation in our country has been well controlled, the decline in business activities is inevitably bad

Our performance grew in January-February, but in March to now, the performance has not even reached half of the same period in previous years. Many companies face bankruptcy, employees are expelled or have long vacations, and the advertising industry is the first to bear the brunt of the industry. Because when you do n’t have cash, the first thing you save is the advertising budget

Even if the government provides corporate loans, it is still in a hurry. After all, the problem is that there is no CASE. Even if the government subsidizes loans, it still needs to be repaid, but now many people have no cash.

Moreover, our industry is not a manufacturing industry that has no international export opportunities. Most of the work is domestic orders.

This period is really the most painful time for every operator

• Agree
Reactions: Bly

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Still chugging here in NW Florida. No complete shut down just minimizing staff to 32 hrs a week. Getting a lot of orders for High School grad yard signs now. Couple of vehicle installs and waiting on the word from the college on a job that got put on hold.

netsol

Premium Subscriber

and they are not likely to get smarter, any time soon