• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

have you ever laminated a scrim banner?

Jthompson Designs

One of the sign guys here only uses Krylon clear coat to laminate perf, banners and smaller items. He swears by the stuff. If I can find the picture i took of his display for laminates I will post it. He printed his logo and put it on a 4x8 dibond. Laminated every foot with a different application. Put the dibond on his roof from may to August in the AZ summer and the krylon still looks the best when he took it down.

I believe he used a 3m lam, frog juice, krylon, arlon lam, oracal lam, and at least one more liquid lam.

If I cant find the pic I will see if he still has the sign so I can take another one.

USE KRYLON on banners if I have too, it comes in gloss or matte and have never had any issues, "spray on" day later you can take a quarter to it and it wont even scratch....

LenR

I use a waterbased printer and have laminated 1 or 2 banners. They got really heavy and were more difficult to finish. During the first year they were up bad winds and freezing temps and I noticed some delamination. All in all I didn't like the final product and went back to Clearstar. Spraying it on vinyl gives really good protection and depending on how the gun is set up can impart a nice texture.