• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

having a few problems with flexi and a hs15 plus

davedavedave

ok long story short after, modifing a old cable to look like above...
i found out the port on the plotter is kind of loose while i was removing the old cable....
if i try to insert a connector it pushes so far inside on one side ... the pins dont reach the holes on one side...

can be the old cables would work LOL is this normal the port is moving? or should it be stiff?
i think it should be stiff...

is there some documents on opening this thing? this is a easy fix i think...

davedavedave

ok i opened the side panel the screw of the mount for the connector were loose no big deal...im glad the machine is ok!

still the cables dont work :§

the cable i bought sends the signal it says press ok after positioning the blad... after i press ok and sing run on the plotter its cuts like crazy uncontrolled....

the new calbe i made out ot the same cable as above also sending the job and ask me to postioning the blade and press ok ... but then nothing happens... no reaction from the plotter...

i will try to get 2 -3 more cheap serial cables on monday and will try them...
if they dont work out i will call spandex if they maybe selling some...
if not i have to order it from the states...

can it also be it the usb cable /adapter is still not ok?
the usb calbe is listed as profilic usb to com port?!?

i think its working alright i think the serial cable is the problem..
but im not sure at all anymore

Last edited:

davedavedave

ok finally got it going... :D
after a few hours of playing around i found the problem!!!

when u add the hs15 plus HP/GL inside flexi production manager.
CTS , RTS and DSR are selected from default,
after i deselected them it worked...

can anybody explain to my what this is? and why is it selected from the beginning?
is this important? why they are selected from default?

thanks again for all the help

ProSignTN

davedavedave, I feel your pain. And I hope my struggle isn't as great as yours. I'm trying to push a Roland PNC-1050 with FlexiSign 12 running on Win7 Pro (64 bit) and I'm having very similar issues. The Flexi had a driver for the PNC-1050 and the plotter is recognized thru out the system, but it cut's erratic. The plotter is attached with the same serial cable it ran for year son Win Me, from a really old CasMate program.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
ok finally got it going... :D
after a few hours of playing around i found the problem!!!

when u add the hs15 plus HP/GL inside flexi production manager.
CTS , RTS and DSR are selected from default,
after i deselected them it worked...

can anybody explain to my what this is? and why is it selected from the beginning?
is this important? why they are selected from default?

thanks again for all the help
hp/gl is one of the protocols(plotter languages) it has to be selected or deselected on both ends software and plotter

the usb cable has electronic in it. one end (usb) is plug and play the other end 9 pin or 25 end is dumb as a stump. you need to make all the settings match between the plotter and the db9
9600, 1 none xon/xoff or whatever you choose

the plotter will not show up in device manager it is a dumb device. it doesn't reply