• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Having fits with our Rolls Roller flatbed laminator!

Signout

Originally worked great, then we noticed occasionally when we would come in on Monday mornings one side of the roller would be dropped down! Called the company we purchased from, they instructed us to do some adjustments, We can laminate most substrates Except Vinyl! It wants to crease and wrinkle the material when applying laminate or Premask - has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions? Rolls Roller finally sent us a new cylinder for the side that was dropping down, we installed it while their tech walked us through the process, still is doing the same thing! We have been waiting 2 days for there tech to get back in touch :(

GraphicsSource

I have a CWT table which is basically the same thing and if we leave the rollers up one side will drop down. It's much better on the machine if you let the rollers rest on the table when not in use. Chances are you have a small air leak somewhere which is causing the roller to drop on one side. That being said, the roller dropping down on one side shouldn't have any effect on you being able to laminate your material as you should be able to just raise the roller back up and get it even again.

What is your process when trying to laminate the vinyl? Are you laminating off the roll or sheeting it? Give me some more details so I can understand your workflow.

Signout

I have a CWT table which is basically the same thing and if we leave the rollers up one side will drop down. It's much better on the machine if you let the rollers rest on the table when not in use. Chances are you have a small air leak somewhere which is causing the roller to drop on one side. That being said, the roller dropping down on one side shouldn't have any effect on you being able to laminate your material as you should be able to just raise the roller back up and get it even again.

What is your process when trying to laminate the vinyl? Are you laminating off the roll or sheeting it? Give me some more details so I can understand your workflow.
We have tried it both ways, laminating from a roll of laminate onto a cut sheet of printed decals (Approx. 50" x 84") and also cutting the laminate to the cut sheet size, still buckling :( Thanks for trying to help! Any input would be appreciated.

Jason_FSSS

We have tried it both ways, laminating from a roll of laminate onto a cut sheet of printed decals (Approx. 50" x 84") and also cutting the laminate to the cut sheet size, still buckling :( Thanks for trying to help! Any input would be appreciated.
Hi there. Did you ever get this problem fixed? I'm having the same issue with my Rolls Roller.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Don't have one...never used one...but it would seem to me that it should never rely on air pressure (or in this case, vacuum) alone to hold the roller off the table. There should be some sort of positive stop (home position)...kinda like a printer head when it's not in use. It would help prevent flat spots.

JB

Asuma01

Its best to not rest the roller on the table. Over time it will create flat spots on the roller which is no good.
If you are laying vinyl down on substrate then make sure it is centered on the table. If its not centered then wrinkles will appear because the roller isn't balanced and applying more pressure on one side and less on the other.