• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Having printing problems lately with mutoh??? Read

dj_elite

So I just got off the phone with a tech from sign warehouse. I was calling to get prices on some parts and was informed some information I figured I'd pass on to you guys, hope it helps! He told me the batches of Mutoh Inks from March-August 2010 are not having problems with the actual ink, but the ink cartridges. He told me the cartridges were not made right and are allowing air to get into the needle that feeds into the machine causing all types of ink drying and low amounts of ink into the dampers. He told me to wedge a small piece of cardboard towards the back of the cartridges and then push them in to make a better seal. It will hold the cartridge in a slight angle putting more pressure on the seal. He told me this should take care of the problems I've been having lately, and probably some of the problems you guys have been having. He also said they have been having a lot of calls on the Prism Jet Extra/Falcon jr lately because of this. I guess Mutoh America has been getting a lot of crap for it too. I'm going to go ahead and try it, hopefully it works! Better than buying a bunch of new parts for nothing!

Ghost Prophet

A problem with the cartridge should not be causing the capping station pads to swell. But at least they're acknowledging that there's a problem.

dj_elite

Yeah I just read about the caps swelling. I havent had that problem yet. But I did just try the cardboard shims under my inks and then I ran a fill. There was a lot more ink running into the waste container this time, like triple. Running some cleanings and a test print soon. Hopefully this helps.

CheapVehicleWrap

What's going to happen when the cartridges are corrected and you've tweaked everything below them using this genius's idea of a cardboard shim hack fix?

Just got my first catalog from them in 2 years. They didn't want my money then, but they want it now? NOT.

dj_elite

Yeah I dont like signwarehouse and use them as little as possible. But yeah the shim just puts a little tension on the cartridge, won't mess anything up. Fixed my color problem, still cant figure out my black one though!

dj_elite

Back up and running! Seemed to work. Thought the pump was dead and it turned up to be loose ink cartridges that don't fit properly......:/ Now if I can just get that one little spot I'll be all set.

Attachments

• IMAG0183.jpg
    IMAG0183.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 225

dj_elite

I just cut pieces of 1/4" foamcore board 7/8" wide x 1-3/4" long. Slide them in so there flush with the outside of the ink carrier and slide the ink right in on top of them. Make sure your printer is off when you do this so it doenst think your loading a new cartridge. Then I ran a fill cycle and two powerful cleanings, worked like a champ! First pic shows where they are under the cartridges second picture is a crappy pic of the shims I made

Attachments

• IMAG0184.jpg
    IMAG0184.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 237
  • IMAG0185.jpg
    IMAG0185.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 218

dj_elite

The installation wasn't hard, it was just figuring out why i wasn't getting any ink. I thought my pump was going bad so I replaced the tubing and still nothing. I figured I had used the wrong sized tubing or something. But I did this shim fix and everything is printing like it should. Printers been down for 4 days, not good for business :/

tomence

How did you align the heads, also in one of the pics where you said is working now i think the black head is little off.

dj_elite

Yeah that was before I fine tuned it. There is a screw that holds the black head in on the bottom. I loosened it and manually adjusted and then ran a nozzle check. I repeated until it was good.

Lee

how to run a fill cycle on Mutoh Falcon 62 Outdoor, please

Could someone please tell me how to run a fill cycle on a Mutoh Falcon 62 outdoor printer.

Thank you.

C.R. GRAPHICS

the black stripes

i have been having problems with my falcon outdoor jr. it has been printing little black stripes in the images and the colors are not real vivid right off the bat also i use this machine with a q series vinyl cutter and the registration lines have not been printing dark enough for the cutter to find. any ideas

HotRod

I just cut pieces of 1/4" foamcore board 7/8" wide x 1-3/4" long. Slide them in so there flush with the outside of the ink carrier and slide the ink right in on top of them. Make sure your printer is off when you do this so it doenst think your loading a new cartridge. Then I ran a fill cycle and two powerful cleanings, worked like a champ! First pic shows where they are under the cartridges second picture is a crappy pic of the shims I made

Thanks for the post you are a life saver!!! I just started having problems the other night left a message for a tech. at my warehouse to call me the next day. That night I jumped on the forum here and this is exactly what was happing. I grabbed the foam board and after using the syringe to get the air our TADA I was back up and running. Thanks again. :U Rock: