• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Head not firing on Roland 545-EX

minock

Running a print test and there is a entire section that was not printed during the test. Heads have been cleaned... as well as a power cleaning. Just happens to be magenta not printing. Problem occurred after switching out both magneta cartridges? Any advise before I have to PAY someone for help?

BobbyFosson

Could be a number of things... if the unit is not under warranty, I would disconnect the pumplines from the captop for the Magneta head and connect a syringe. This will allow you to 'gently' pull ink through the head.

Still possible problems such as clogged dampers, clogged captop, split or clogged line in pump.

minock

This happened after changing out magenta cartridges. Got an immediate color shift in prints. I want to think that one of the cartridges might be faulty. Not sure how to tell that. Have done several more power cleanings. Now getting a couple of bars to print in the first three columns for magneta where there were previously none. Have changed magneta cartridges around.

Roodavis

Same thing happend to me last week on my Roland 545EX. (Only it was the black cartridge.) My dealer came and changed the dampers. (Said there had been some trouble with the originals.) I'm still missing 3 bars in the black so he's coming next week to change the print head. I did the power cleaning several times as well.

BobbyFosson

Dampers act as flow regulators as well as a small filter... If it gets clogged or vapor locked, it will not allow ink to flow... Split pump lines can also cause this...

Sounds to me like there is a clog in the system somewhere and when you removed the old carts and replaced, the system became vapor locked (in a sense)...

Usually when changing damper, change them all as well as the captops. Be sure to check to pumps.

Graphics2u

Try BobbyFosson's Syringe Trick.

Try the trick mentioned by Bobby Fosson in the second post. I had a simlar thing happen on my Mutoh and I did the same thing basically and it worked perfect. Just pull gently on the syringe.