Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

head wash only 1 color

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by Wildpony, May 11, 2007.

1. Wildpony

Wildpony Member

Dec 14, 2006
    How can a run a cleaning cartridge through only the Megenta.
    When I ran out of Megenta. I placed my new cartridge labeled Megenta in the machine, only to then find out it actually had cyan ink inside of it. Now I need to clean out that line, but don't want to waste the ink to clean all 6 lines. I have a 62" PrismJet. Any help would be great.
    Thanks!

-David

Tags:
  2. Compilla

Compilla Active Member

Jul 21, 2005
    Find the line that runs the right head (MYLc) and use a syringe to manually extract the C left over.

3. BobbyFosson

BobbyFosson Member

Feb 25, 2007
    Insert cleaning cartridge into fubar'd ink cartridge and do as Compilla stated.

4. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    Whats a few MLs of ink, clean all your heads. You should do a complete clean anyways at least twice a year

5. Wildpony

Wildpony Member

Dec 14, 2006
    I talked to Phillip at Signwarehouse Tech Support. He told me that unfortunately there is no way to clean just one color. He did not think it was right for me to loose all the ink in the machine so he sent me out a full set of 6 inks at no charge.
    Way to go Signwarehouse! Thanks for going above and beyond!