• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Heat Press

artist4christ

I am looking for a heatpress for vinyl and possibly dye sublimation, any suggestions or are there any merchant members that sell them here?

briankb

Premium Subscriber
Do you have a budget for the press? I have a Geo Knight clamshell with the auto release. It's nice but takes up a LOT of room and the pressure sensor "upgrade" is not very accurate.

If I purchased another one I'd go with a swing away machine with digital temp and pressure readings and from a well known manf. To get the vinyl to press correctly the temp and pressure settings are critical.

I would recommend a Geo Knight, clam shell or swing-a-way is a preference thing. I have had both and they both are great. Knight's support is second to none and that is very important to me.

rcook99

I have an INSTA 228 Swinger that is 4 years old and have not had a problem with it. Check the warranty also, I am looking at a hat press and am leaning towards the INSTA or Hotronix. Hotronix has the better warranty. I have never needed service so I can't speak for that.

Mike_Koval

I would recommend a Hotronix. They are the leader in heat press technology, second to none in service and support and all made right here in the US.

Feel free to contact me at any time to discuss options. Special packages available for 101 members.

PM, email or call me for the details.

wildhock

Go with a bigger platen. I have 2 hotronix 16x20 swingers and 1 knight DK20S 16x20 swinger. Absolutely love the hotronix. The knight is good but way to heavy.

Jon

Techman

Do not get a cheap chinese press.

Do noty get a cheap any thing press.
If you get a cheap one you wil find hot spots and codl spots all over it.

IF you have a spot at the right temp and a cold spot (just 10 degree less) you will suffer the wrath of the peeling graphic.
You will hate yourself and you will wonder what the heck is going on and why it won't stick.

When you get a digital temp gauge and find the temp differences are enuf to cause all that pain then you will gouge out your eyes for following the cheaper is better crowd.

Air Art Girl

Imprintable is where I got my Phoenix (hotronics). It is a 16x20 clam style with auto open. I like this machine for garments but not other sublimation items.

I prefer my Knight DK20s for that because it raises straight up and down so the pressure is more even for thicker sublimation items. I also have an old Hix 16x20 clam/swing, don't use it that often but it is a work horse, will never part with it.

smdgrfx

+1 on a HIX. It's a workhorse. Mine is about 3 years old and in the last week, I've had two other signs shops come over to use it because their off brand/cheap one is "not working right".