• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Heavy duty banner/canvas

graphix45

I have someone looking for a heavy duty banner to go around the bottom of a platform/stage to act as a skirt to hide the frame work. They would like to have some lettering & logos on it as well. It will be put up for weekend performances & taken down packed up & moved to the next show. The total size is about 30" tall & 90' long, but will need to be made in 3-4 sections for easier installation. I could print banners for them but don't think they will hold up for very long. I'm thinking something along the lines of the stuff I've seen at carnivals that go around the rides. Does anyone have any ideas or sources for something like this?

petepaz

i get this from N.Glantz and it's pretty heavy. not sure if what you are looking for but worth getting a sample
Customer Item NumberDIJB155499M
54" X 98.5' BLOCKOUT BAN SUPERSMOOTH 15oz MATTE

graphix45

Thanks, I'll compare that to the 15oz. I can get from my distributor. As always they want to keep it as cheap as possible.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Just any old 13oz BLACK banner roll in a 30-36" width will do for this.
I've done it in the past myself, worked great.

rturner381

How will it be installed at the base of the platform-grommets or velcro? Have you considered black mesh and sublimation printing?

mzueger

I make custom skirting for concession trailers. I use the Arlon 15 oz block out banner material. After printing I laminate with oraguard 210. Hem with nylon strap inside the top hem if using snaps or I sew Velcro.

Christian @ 2CT Media

I make custom skirting for concession trailers. I use the Arlon 15 oz block out banner material. After printing I laminate with oraguard 210. Hem with nylon strap inside the top hem if using snaps or I sew Velcro.

Do you have any issues with delamination when they roll it up for storage? We have been looking for a solution for all of our fair clients.

BobCap

Being in the sound business for over forty years gives me a little insight on the way these things are handled. Being in the sign/print business for over eight years as given me the insight for these type of applications.

We use 18oz banner vinyl. Print it with no lamination. It will be rolled up as small as possible a shoved in a trunk when the show is over. Pulled out a the next show.

There will be no concern or care taken. If you laminate it you can bet it will delam. If you use cut vinyl it will also come off.

I usually use Velcro on the top. Easier for the guys doing the setup.

I get good pricing on these because of the weight of the vinyl. If they are using them for sponsor banners you'll have a good continuing source of revenue.

Bob Cap
AAI (Actually stands for Advanced Audio Inc.)
Gilbert, MN