• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello All! 1st Week w/Mimaki JF1631

MixMaker

I have run two JF's. One without and one with white. The white can be troublesome but I work for an art repoduction company and the things you can do with it are absolutely amazing. As for speed...since quality is our #1 priority here, everything is expected to be printed very slowly, uni-directional, and attention to detail will not be sacrificed.

I'm by far an expert, but I've been around these machines for a while and will do my best to help you out from my past experiences. Feel free to PM me with anything. :thumb:

MixMaker

What purpose does the washing liquid serve in the eighth head? We've had ours since September and have not had the best experience so far.

The "S" in that inkset stands for "Special". You can run another white cartridge in there and use "WS" in the rip or you can add a clear that's available from Mimaki and just select "S" in the rip to have a clear ink printed over for protection. I have never heard of anyone using a cleaning solution cartridge there. If you're not using "S" in the rip it's not using that head and not necessarily doing any harm.

We use the double white cartridges to double up on White when printing on Acrylic that needs an all white background with the image mirrored on the backside.

seattlesignguy

You need to do the daily, weekly, monthly maintence and don't waste your time trying to print if you are not controlling the humidity and temperature of the area you are printing in. Run a nozzle check pattern before you start to run jobs and clean the heads as needed.