• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello everyone - new Merchant - SignShopMarketing.com

Dan Antonelli

Some of you may know me already - but I wanted to officially say hi, now that I'm officially a Merchant here on Signs101.

A little bit about me....

For many years, I ran a small two person sign shop that specialized in truck lettering. With a degree in advertising, I found myself doing a lot of logo design and graphic design, and we gradually found ourselves morphing into a traditional ad agency. Today, I have a team of 6 designers and illustrators, and we primarily do logo design and branding, and web design for small businesses. We also do traditional graphic design services, and vehicle advertising design. I think we've done around 350+ logos, and around 300 web sites, give or take.

Over the years, and through my affiliation with SignCraft I've been fortunate to have been asked to work for many sign companies in assisting them with their marketing - whether it was logo design, web design or design for their vehicles. Thus, I decided to build and market those services under SignShopMarketing.com.

Logo design books

I was also fortunate to have logo design books published by SignCraft. I want to sincerely thank those members here that have continued to advocate the book to beginners and experienced sign professionals alike. I can't thank you enough for your endorsements, and it really has meant a lot to me to hear my name mentioned in the same sentenced as other greats, like Mike Stevens.

Why I joined as a merchant

Many of you already knew what services we provided - whether it was for a sign company or landscaper. I didn't want any of my posts to appear self serving, and I thought joining as a merchant would be the right thing to do. This site has more than sold enough logo design books - I'm sure - and as I said I am grateful for that. I don't intend to really mention again what I do, and what services I offer. My contact info will be in my signature, and that's plenty.

What I hope to contribute

Although I have been somewhat involved from time to time on the site, I hope I can be more actively involved in helping others. For me, life is about karma and sharing knowledge. I was blessed to have much handed down to me from other sign painters. The old saying of 'whom much is given, much is expected to give back'. Hopefully I can share some of my knowledge with others. I also rather enjoy working with people who are trying to expand their own capabilities, and are willing to learn.

If any of you have specific questions, critiques wanted on logos, or anything, I hope I can be of service. And if you wanted to hire us for your marketing needs, well thats fine too.

In any event, you'll probably find me mainly on the logo design area - as apparently - that is a passion of mine. :rock-n-roll:

Thanks guys!

Dan

S

SignTech

Awesome ........... I'm definitely interested in better marketing strategies. Thanks.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Welcome from PA..........................

I was really waiting for this to happen. Like Dennis said.... welcome to the MM club :thumb:

Jillbeans

Your sage advice is always welcome Dan.
Lord knows I need it. I am slowly transitioning from one of those old painters who really would rather design signs than make them.
Love...Jill

Dan Antonelli

Your sage advice is always welcome Dan.
Lord knows I need it. I am slowly transitioning from one of those old painters who really would rather design signs than make them.
Love...Jill

Jill don't you need to be at least 40 to be giving out 'sage' advice??? Haha. You're rushing me! 7 months to go....

neato

Jill don't you need to be at least 40 to be giving out 'sage' advice??? Haha. You're rushing me! 7 months to go....

Old fart! :)

Forgot to say welcome Dan. I also admire your work. Looking forward to getting some good critiques from you too...

Bigdawg

Just Me
I've always loved seeing your designs and I'm just tickled to see you here as a MM! Your advice and help to others is invaluable...

and yes, I said "tickled" as in really, really happy you're here :smile:

iSign

Welcome to the ranks of Merchant members here Dan, & thanks for all the contributions to the site. I know I'm one of the members likely to suggested your two books over the years as I have enjoyed & seen benefits from both.

Just a quick testimonial, from a satisfied customer! I looked for my old logo announcement thread, to post a link... but for some reason I couldn't find where I first showed off the revised logo Dan did for me a few years back. Anyway for those who didn't know, I can thank Dan for his work bringing my old logo into a much more professional place.

I tied his hands a bit, by refusing to relinquish attachments to some of my original design contributions, but with his stamp of originality taking the lions share of credit for today's look... I've never been prouder of my logo!

(I'm going to be lazy & post the only one I can find on my laptop right now. It has a reflection Joe Diaz added, when working on my website. The reflection version is usually used over a watery blue background... but it's all I have handy)