• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello from Missouri

Matt-Tastic

I love doing race car lettering.
Because I am a female, my business plan is to always wear my tightest shortest Daisy Duke coochie cutters and bend over a lot when lettering the cars.
And a white wife-beater with no bra adds to the attention.
Usually it's just me and the race car guy and his buddies.
I letter a late model for a case of beer and them allowing me to put my name on the car, real fancy. Make sure you learn to use as many special effects as you can with your new printer.
Race car guys love that.
Also buy lots of fluorescent vinyl, sure it fades fast but it's flashy.
The race guys' favorite font is usually Brush Script but I get a lot of use from Serpentine and even Comic Sans. Make sure you use all capital letters and spell everything right.
Get a tramp stamp tattoo with your business name on it so folks notice it when you are lettering their cars.
And make sure to charge as little as possible so you get a lot of work in.
As for the plywood sign, why buy that when you can get a sheet of MDF for $8 at Lowe's?
Sure the texture is a little tricky but nobody's gonna notice that from the stands.
You could also cut a lot of Peeing Calvin stickers of him urinating on rival racer's numbers. That will get you some quick sales.

Jill, I've never met you or talked to you, but you are now my hero.

:U Rock:

This was B-E-A-utiful.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Because I am a female, my business plan is to always wear my tightest shortest Daisy Duke coochie cutters and bend over a lot when lettering the cars.
Usually it's just me and the race car guy and his buddies.
I letter a late model for a case of beer and them allowing me to put my name on the car, real fancy. Make sure you learn to use as many special effects as you can with your new printer.
Race car guys love that.
Also buy lots of fluorescent vinyl, sure it fades fast but it's flashy.
The race guys' favorite font is usually Brush Script but I get a lot of use from Serpentine and even Comic Sans. Make sure you use all capital letters and spell everything right.
Get a tramp stamp tattoo with your business name on it so folks notice it when you are lettering their cars.
And make sure to charge as little as possible so you get a lot of work in.
As for the plywood sign, why buy that when you can get a sheet of MDF for $8 at Lowe's?
Sure the texture is a little tricky but nobody's gonna notice that from the stands.
You could also cut a lot of Peeing Calvin stickers of him urinating on rival racer's numbers. That will get you some quick sales.

[Like]

sar bossier

Wow ... Reading several of "EDNA's" threads, I am speechless. Fell off my chair laughing at a lot of the comments, others, meh.

Jill - LOVED your post #19 - fantastic!

Edna - Have you been diagnosed yet? Severe dyslexia, and mild/moderate brain damage? No filters on what you say, can't spell, don't have a clue?

WOW - JUST, ..........................................

(wait for it)

:omg2::help:doh:

ucmj22

we should have caught on to the troll faster than we did. her first post was relatively error free, then got gradually worse in subsequent posts and threads.... dead giveaway.

Buddy

I hope I can run the other sticker guys off and do all the cars at our local track. I can draw pretty good so I know I can do some cool designs once I get this Corel Draw figured out better.

perfect

Last edited:

Buddy

Pics please.

Mosh

Buddy..are you related to Alby Mangels...google him up, he is a world famous explorer...
You look just like him..

alby.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: