• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello from Nairobi Kenya

Dave Drane

So Rude, totally unnecessary and quite discriminating!

Welcome Edwin and hope you enjoy the forum.JV33 I can recommend as I have one myself.Great speed and a good workhorse.

Get a life and don't let PC get too far out of hand. This is a friendly forum and let's keep it that way. Welcome from Down-Under too where you are Edwin. Good luck to you.:peace!:

Fatboy

Hi there Edwin.
Unfortunately you sometimes will find the perception of Africa quiet immature. I have for instance have been labelled as a Somalian Pirate...lol. 8000km from me lol.Don't let this worry you.When people TALK America they mean the USA.When people talk Africa they mean some war torn country in the middle of nowhere. We are in a fantastic market with very little competition. It seems that the more develop countries have a printing shop on every corner. We dont ...so ride the wave with me my man.So.....keep on printing brother.Let me know if you need anything.Where do you get your raw materials from?

PS. yOU WILL LOVE THE PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM...ALL OF THEM!

Edwin Mukiria

Fatboy,
I've experienced that labeling too. Africa is a continent with 50 plus countries and when something bad happens in one country, the whole of Africa gets the label..
Anyway, there are quite a few sign companies popping up here, so its not easy riding.
A lot of people are importing raw materials, especially from China, so prices have come down but you really have to keep an eye on the media you are buying.
Bought my first HP 5000 from Graficomp in Johannesburg.
What machines are you using?
I already love the people here, in a funny way, I feel like I know them, but as a newbie, better keep my mouth shut, and listen (and read) a lot!

CanuckSigns

My wife and I had the privilege of visiting Kenya on our way to Tanzania for our honeymoon last summer, Beautiful country! It was quite the eye opener for us, but the people we met were all so welcoming and friendly!

Karibu!

Fatboy,
I've experienced that labeling too. Africa is a continent with 50 plus countries and when something bad happens in one country, the whole of Africa gets the label..
Anyway, there are quite a few sign companies popping up here, so its not easy riding.
A lot of people are importing raw materials, especially from China, so prices have come down but you really have to keep an eye on the media you are buying.
I already love the people here, in a funny way, I feel like I know them, but as a newbie, better keep my mouth shut, and listen (and read) a lot!

Fatboy

Fatboy,

I use a sp 540 Roland.Slow but I love it. Thinking about buying another.

AUTO-FX

My apologies to anyone who may have been offended by my sometimes off kilter sense of humor. No offense was ever intended. Ignorant? Perhaps. I apologize if i was ignorant.

Last edited:

Fatboy

My apologies to anyone who may have been offended by my sometimes off kilter sense of humor. No offense was ever intended. Ignorant? Perhaps. I apologize if i was ignorant.

AotoFix. Sorry my post wasn't directed at you.I also found it funny(what you said).There is also a lot of truth in what you joked about. I have read your other posts on this site and got to know you through that so I realize that you did not mean anything bad. I just tried to soften the"Africa " blow for the OP. He is gonna get lots of it.lol

Edwin Mukiria

@ Watson signs, thanks, hope you enjoyed your honeymoon. Where in Tanzania were you?
@ Auto-fx, no offense taken. No need for apologies.
And Pat thanks for the compliment.

CanuckSigns

@ Watson signs, thanks, hope you enjoyed your honeymoon. Where in Tanzania were you?
@ Auto-fx, no offense taken. No need for apologies.
And Pat thanks for the compliment.

We did a 4 day safari/camping trip in a few national parks, then we went to Zanzibar for a few days to relax on the beach. for anyone looking for an amazing vacation with some great wildlife, you can't go wrong with eastern africa!

GypsyGraphics

welcome Edwin.... you have a great attitude! you're gonna love it here (in a funny way) and you'll love Auto_Fx too.... we all do!

i don't have any printer advice, as i outsource all my printing... just wanted to say "hey & welcome."

-gg

iSign

yes, good point FatBoy :toasting:

isign,
it is now 02-28-2011 and you are still clinging,good show pal

ahhh, yep! and I'm addressing your comments on 2-27-2011.... a friendly joke followed by disclaimers such as "just kidding" can usually be construed as "humor" ...however entirely missing that point and passing scathing judgment? ...well, funny you should use the word ignorant :wink: