• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello from Newbie in Northern California

Brewzer1818

Hi everyone. Figured I better introduce myself. Name is Doug. I am the owner/operator of D-Sign Graffix in Dixon, Ca. I have been in the sign business now for two years. Honestly it started when I purchased a vinyl cutter to cut paint masks for my airbrush hobby. Well I have not done any airbrushing since I got the cutter. Started business about three months after getting the cutter. Yes I work out of my home, no I am not a hobbiest, No I am not out to give my work away. My parents owned a retail business from the time I was 6, now 42. I don't work for free!

I started with a 24" laserpoint cutter (yeah I know it is chinese junk) but so far has held up well. I do hope to move into a larger Roland in the near future. I have recently purchased a Max Press heat press so I can do garments, And my favorite new toy is "Bertha" My epson 9600.

I know how to use the search function, both on this site and online in general, so don't plan on asking alot of newb questions.

I look forward to learning more from all of you, and hopefully sharing usefull information as well. (hey even a newb, may discover something worth contributing) I hope.

Forgive me for not becoming a premium member right away. I would like to spend some time here getting the feel of things before I join, also with just purchasing "Bertha" and a new CIS system and ink, cashflow is a little tight right now. Give me a couple months.

Any way sorry if long winded, just wanted to say hi.

Hpe you all have a productive day.

Tim Aucoin

Hi and welcome from Calgary, Alberta! :Canada 2: Nice introduction. When you do find the funds to become a premium member, I'm sure you will find it well worth the minimal price it costs!