• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello from Offutt AFB!

OldPaint

well didnt you get a wonderful "base of choice." that place is right up there with GOOSE BAY LABRADOR, MINOTT, and the base i was stationed at but they closed it...LORING A.F.B. MAINE!!!!! i was in POL, and they found out i could paint, draw and letter...........so i was always making charts and displays. my joining the military was the both the worst thing and the best thing i ever did. WORST.....look where i got stationed. BEST, VA HEALTH CARE!!!!

ICeMAnAbk

well didnt you get a wonderful "base of choice." that place is right up there with GOOSE BAY LABRADOR, MINOTT, and the base i was stationed at but they closed it...LORING A.F.B. MAINE!!!!! i was in POL, and they found out i could paint, draw and letter...........so i was always making charts and displays. my joining the military was the both the worst thing and the best thing i ever did. WORST.....look where i got stationed. BEST, VA HEALTH CARE!!!!

GIVE EM' HELL! POL! I was deployed with some POL dudes. lot of lab work in it now. Interesting career field esp with all the cryogenics(sp) now.

I traded Tinker for Offutt! I'm glad. To my understanding they are dissolving the 3rd herd, or just downsizing it. Offutt has grown on me though, the area is nice, base isn't too shabby now. We do have a quarter mile long hanger, about I'd say... 200ft wide, pictures of 4 B-29s being modified inside for the manhattan project. Now, it's a large gym. very large bad *** gym actually. Especially with that part of history being attached to it.

I know what you mean about the lettering. People found out I'm a tool guru, can paint very well, letter, design... so I'm constantly asked if I can do stuff. Only thing I ask is, I get to wear my civilian clothes. So, I rock the sign shirts on duty because I dont want to "get stuff on my uniform". lol...

Thanks for your past service.

OldPaint

i worked lab for a while, and tank farm. i really enjoyed working the flight line and f-106's refuels. i also put fuel on them big gliders, with the little jet engine.........TS security clearance.

ICeMAnAbk

i worked lab for a while, and tank farm. i really enjoyed working the flight line and f-106's refuels. i also put fuel on them big gliders, with the little jet engine.........TS security clearance.

I work the line. I'm an ATCALS technician. Plane dodger on the active runway. It's a rush seeing a 747 land 100ft from you though or a BONE take off at night time with those 20 ft blue flames. Truely, I know I'm going to miss it when I go back to being a civilian.

OldPaint

funny story only flightliners will understand. iam under a "buff"(b-52G)operating a hose cart.
this is basically a big filter and pressure regulator on 4 car tires. its connected to a 6" pipe in the ground and that to a pump house, pushin the fuel at 600 gallons a minute. now the funny part.
iam sitting no more then 100 feet off the main runway. this OMS truck comes down the taxi way as fast as those old truck will go, pulls up in front of the buff, jumps outa the truck and wavin his hands at me. he finally get close enough i can hear what he is saying. "SHUT IT DOWN, SHUT IT DOWN..........we got an inbound b-52 with a fire in the tail section......and it HOT(meaning its loaded with atomic weapons)!!!! i look at him and smiled, kept pumping fuel. he said YOU HEAR ME?? i said yea i heard ya, and stop and think about this...........if it hits the runway, and goes BOOM............what difference do you think it will make, we are a 100 feet from the runway..........nobody will know if i turned off the pump or NOT))))))) he looked at me thought a minute......shrugged his shoulders and jumped back in his truck and left. hahahahahahaha

ICeMAnAbk

At an unknown location in the middle east, I saw 2 awesome feats.

-2 Airmen forgetting to put the parking break on while stopping for a nap in a remote spot on the ramp... rolled their truck into a C-130 while they were sleeping. Seeing the huge "WING SAFETY" on the side of the truck totally just sets off the irony of the situation.

-Airfield Management, looking for FOD. Sees a few scraps of tape on this taxiway we were sitting at. Stuck to the ground. Takes me over to show me, then this Sgt procedes to repremand me over these small pieces of tape. I see behind her, a LARGE 4ft x 4ft piece of cardboard and a bunch of styrofoam & plastic wrapping go flying twards the runway. I then point and said "Well, If I'm an ******* for 3 pieces of tape, what the **** is that guy????" Starts repremanding me for cursing infront of an NCO. I told her she better go get that before I upchain her for deriliction of duty. Gets hissy, gets in truck, never bothers me again.

We had some good B-1 Incidents. one lit the black top behind the threshold on fire while doing a hot engine check before takeoff. Was too far behind the threshold when he started up. The other had engine failure, glided in, bounced 3x, landed safe. Maj. Badass flying that.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Welcome from Omaha! Stop in sometime, see the shop, meet the guys. We'll buy you lunch. Mosh, you can come too!

ICeMAnAbk

No kiddin'. When I think of 84th Brewski's always comes to mind.
I'm seeing about getting time off soon to get some local wholesaling setup so I'll def be stopping down to say hello sometime.

Locals Find!

Welcome from an Old Air Force hand too. I was 81st Trans out at Keesler. driving drunk pilots to planes and moving cargo. Those were fun times while they lasted pre-911.

Never ever, ever, volunteer for an AETC base. Its the worst thing you can do for your career. Once your in you never get out unless you volunteer for Korea or don't re-up.