• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello from Southern Illinois

newparade

Hi!

We're a couple (Scott and Val) that started business last week primarily doing vinyl wall art on Ebay. It looks pretty good so far and so far it's been fun as well. I probably got my first start in the business when I worked for a trophy and award company quite a few years ago....except in that case it was engraving metal and plastic sheets with with a DOS based computer. Yeah, that's right, I said DOS. Oh yeah, and no scanners either! Graphics were traced point by point. Man, do I appreciate the new software!

We didn't have the money for a 24" Roland, so we got a Graphtec Craft Robo Pro. I like this machine. It's a little bit limiting for the bigger stuff, but it's working out great. We had thought about one of the larger import models, but we heard too many good stories about the name-brand stuff.

My first hard-learned lesson: New Times Roman is the weeding devil of fonts.

My first pet-peeve: shipping charges for supplies. It's tough to find a supplier that has the brands and sizes I want AND has a good shipping promotion.

I'll add more gripes as I encounter them! ;)

Thanks for the forums. We think we're going to learn alot.

S&V