• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello Sign 101

Status
Not open for further replies.

neckbone

Wanted to introduce myself before I jumped on the band wagon and started firing questions. I am in NC and currently make small signs and decals. It started out as a hobby, but now I can't get enough of it. It's all I think about doing even in my sleep!!! I've been doing this for 1 year and 5 months. Still a baby in diapers, but hopefully will be easy to potty train.

I started out with a very cheap cutter and after 4 months, I made enough in profits so that I sold it and upgraded to the Roland GX-24. I was amazed at the difference in the 2 machines. I now have a great oppertunity and a few customers already lined up, so that I can now move up to a printer/cutter. My learning process has been very slow, but working a full time job and doing this on the side limits my time to practice, practice, practice!! Anyway, I hope to have a Roland SP300 within the next coule of weeks from my local dealer. Already took everyone's advice about spending a little extra by having a close by tech/service.

Also wanted to say that I have been reading off of this site for the past 1 1/2 years!! Never became a member until this morning, but loved reading through the posts. I've even read some posts back to early 2008!! LOL

I look forward to asking some crazy questions and getting some of those hilarious remarks from you guys...... So please cut loose!! :thankyou:

ThinkRight

Sounds like what I want to do.
Start as a hobby that can pay for itself.
I am still looking for a used summa to start,those things are hard to find.
Good luck :)

neckbone

so what kinda cutter did u start out with?

I started out with the GCC Expert 24. It actually wasn't a bad cutter at all, but just didn't seem to keep good tracking on long signs. Also, it seemed like I had to adjust the force everytime I wanted to cut something. As a beginner on a tight budget that's wanting to get started, it's definitly an okay machine to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.