• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello Sign World!!!

signpro

Manager
Well, I've been lurking around here the past few days, and I really like what I'm seeing! Gotten a few good ideas, and learned some stuff already as well!!

My name is Kurt, and I've been in the sign business for just over 10yrs. My family and I bought the shop I've worked at almost 3 years ago. Its a small 2 person shop in Central Wisconsin. We do mostly hardboard signs, banners, lighted signs, vehicle lettering, decals, design work, etc etc, you know... the basics! no major fabrication. I also do window tinting for home/auto/business as well.

We've had a 15" Gerber Envision and an Edge I for the past many years, and I finally talked the owners into purchasing a 54" Roland Versacamm print/cut and Seal Base 54" Laminator last spring. So far, i LOVE THEM!!

We use Gerber Omega for our straight vinyl stuff, and Photoshop and Illustrator for the other digital media items.

Outside of work, I'm a father to an amazing 8yr old boy, turnin 9 this spring. He's loves books & karate, just got his green belt. Personally, i'm into auto racing, auto crossing, lapping days (no circle track stuff) and talking & modifying cars with friends. My winter car is a 97 Neon, boring. My summer daily driver is a 2002 Lexus IS300, not a lot done, i like it reliable. (but have a supercharger sitting in the back of the shop just begging to be installed!!) so far only Rims, tint, full Alpine 5.1 surround sound!!! oh yea, i'm into car audio/video as well. my track cars (besides the lexus) include 2 Dodge Omni GLH Turbo's, those that know what those are will understand! One is fully setup for track stuff, the other is in the process of being setup for SCCA Stock Solo, but might be sold before it's finished.

I'm also dabbling in photography, my father and I have a Nikon D300, with an 18-55 F.28 lens, 80-200 f2.8 lens, 70-300 lens, SB800 Flash, and a few other goodies.

I'm here to learn from the pro's, and hopefully help a few beginners as well. I'm always looking for ideas on niche markets & specialty products we can offer, & looking expand the company! Right now, I'd like to get into some basic engraving machines, name plaques, that kind of stuff.

Anyways, sorry for the long intro. Just wanted to say HELLO to everyone!

~Kurt Check

little man and his instructor
attachment.php

My other babies...

i love beating on these things!!!

Attachments

• DSC_1545Small.jpg
    DSC_1545Small.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 95
  • GLH2.jpg
    GLH2.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 82
  • Lexi1.jpg
    Lexi1.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 74
  • Lexi2.jpg
    Lexi2.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 78
  • Lexi4.jpg
    Lexi4.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 77
  • Lexi_10.jpg
    Lexi_10.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 85
  • DSC_0999lowres.jpg
    DSC_0999lowres.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 99
Last edited by a moderator:

Jillbeans

Hello Kurt, I thought you were another signguy from Sconnie whom I know named Kurt who has a nice kid.
:)
Welcome aboard.
Love....Jill

signpro

Manager
^^ i wish. like i said, always into cars, and it was my (realistic) dream car. i took a nice pay cut to work full time in signs three years ago when we bought it. i used to manage a car audio shop...

copythat

Welcome Aboard Kaptain Kurt

This forum is a great help to me & many others. You will find yourself also taking part in helping others.

imagep

Welcome.

We also have a only son (who took karate for many years, got his blackbelt when he was 12 or so).