• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Helmet Wrap

BadAss

I have had a few PM's on what this is. So if you go to Yahoo, Google or whatever you prefer and type in hydro printing and you will see a lot of how this is done and its applications.. We are finding ourselves using this process in a few of our advertising projects. We have done wraps using a carbon fiber print in the design and then offering this type of process to extend that look into the interior and engine compartment..Cool but pricey investment. But it is paying off. Thanx,,,M*

Sparky

Yes..360 Wraps - Tommy Strader - has what he calles "perfected" the helmet wrap. Check his site out he really does some good work.

I have been at a motorsports trade show for the last 4 days and had a chance to look at what 360 produces. We clearly go about it two different ways. I use two pieces, and they use at least 7. Their way is a bit faster I am sure, but my customers use their helmets in open air (open cockpit, motorcycles, etc.) and I wouldn't want that many exposed edges from a wear and wind perspective.

Very nice work though - they did look really good.

grafixemporium

360wraps does a nice job on helmet wraps

From what I hear, 360wraps will not wrap a helmet for just anyone off the street. You pretty much have to be Donald Trump (or know him) to get one done up there.

Honestly though, it's just not worth the time. I'd do it as a favor for a friend or whatever, but there is no way in hell that wrapping helmets can be profitable.

existenceONE

Here is a Welding helmet

Attachments

• DSC_5488.jpg
    DSC_5488.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 157
Last edited by a moderator:

existenceONE

Design takes anywhere from 1 to 2 hours. and install takes about an hour. we use CV3 with the 3M gloss over lam. It took us quite awhile to perfect it, but anything is possible to wrap except cloth. here are a few other helmets we have done i will post some more tomorrow when i get to the shop. These are all of the pics that i have on my laptop.

Offsite Images Deleted

Last edited by a moderator: