• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Helmet Wrap

zapblam

I really wanna learn that......got 2 junk helmets to practice on and some checker print on controltack to play with. Not for money making but just another skill in the tool kit.

I thought about designing like a globe is made, however that makes seams. Seamless helmet wrap is my new goal...hmm...try lots I will.

Last edited:

CheapVehicleWrap

Well I've been tryin with I180 (with the suicide helpline on speakerphone) and man the ending is really hard. Ready to whip out that sample of I380 next. Should be enough for a helmet and my motorcycle tank. Remember, he hasn't responded back about the seams yet...

steelskinz

I was thinking and looking really good at the pictures. He might have seems at the color breaks. Example: Kurt Busch nascar helmet. If you place a seem at the gold line that would help a lot. The musik mafia helmet blows me away. The helmet with the ar-15 looks great but it appears to have a dip in the barrel. I'm thinking he starts near the crown and works forward, the relief cuts would happen where the visor is. You could then place a seem in the chin area. It also appears that the chin decal is an overlay. Other than printing some ij380 and tryin it this weekend I'm stumped. Phenomal work by any means.

:notworthy:

kev3232

wrap a helmet with transfer tape first, use a stabilo to show where vital points are and go from there.

Gypsy

Wrap them in three pieces. Just make sure when you design them that none of your seams are in a straight line. I have done a dozen or so this way only using IJ180 and they all look like they were painted... Design is the most important thing when wrapping helmets.

stickasteve

Helmet wraps from STW

Let us know what you think. We tried it too. It can be worth it if you take the time to make templates and go slow.

Offsite Hotlinks Are Not Allowed

Click Here to read how to post pics at Signs 101.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bradster941

So...is the "NO OFF-SITE PICTURES ALLOWED" idea just too difficult for people to grasp?

No $hit...

Was just thinking the same thing.

Guess StickaSteve is just to lazy to follow Signs 101 rules and upload them to the FREE and PERMANENT Signs 101 database..:rolleyes:

Pat Whatley

It sucks because you get times like this. ExistenceOne's helmets were works of art....now the images are gone and probably won't be back.

Jace161

If he did them in one piece he is up there on my list of idols. I was thinking each side is a piece and then a third for the top? or have one seem on the nose of the helmet and the two sides and top are printed at once connecting in the back? wish I had time to mess with this. :banghead:

stickasteve

U can't do a helmet in one piece. I've tried. Especially with images on it that can't be distorted. No matter what you are wrapping a round surface with a flat material. Where will all the excess go?

And yes I was too lazy to follow the rules of the pics. That's what happens.